Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfjl
Reel Rookie

Re: Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

Jump to solution

I only have 1 stream, so I don't know if this will work for you, but it works for showing all photos in the stream I have. I'm  not sure if there's an intermediate step  you may need to do to select a specific stream, but here's what works for me:

With your Roku select the Roku Photoscreen app

Select Screen saver from the app

Select Manage screen saver

Select preview screen saver

The "preview" mode will cycle through all the pictures, all day long!

0 Kudos
meyerso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

kfjl - thanks for the tip. I tried it and unfortunately it didn't work. I took a mental note of the first 5 or so photos it chose. It's been running for about 15-20 minutes and it just cycled back to those same ones. 

0 Kudos
leftygausa

Jump to solution

I loaded 300 pictures.  Got to show more than 20 pictures once.  Have not been able to get more than the same 20 on Roku TV (3 different TVs), and Roku express (2 different).  See this problem has been an issue since May, with only answer is working on.  If not going to work Roku should take it down before more people, like me, run across it send hours loading and then find out it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @leftygausa,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Please be aware that our team is aware of this issue. Thus, we'll need the information below:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grandma78633
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please add me to the list of folks to notify if/when this is ever fixed!!

I just tried the suggestion to use the "preview" instead of the regular setting and am seeing pictures that never show up on my screen saver!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Grandma78633,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having the same issue, and we want to assist you even better. Please also share with us the requested information, as asked by @RokuJanadeeK. We'll be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grandma78633
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have 2 43" Samsung TV's

one is a 2017 model# UN43J5200AFXZA

one is a 2019 model# UN43NU6950

I have a ROKU Express connected to each TV that appear to be identical and the one where I can find/read the numbers is:

Model#  3930X

S/N#  50820AS0P7F

As has been said previously, this does not appear to be a hardware issue.  It appears to be a software glitch that is not "reshuffling" the Photos.  I have 5 streams and have loaded a total of something over 200 photos.  I would like to load a whole lot more, but cannot see taking the time and effort if I am going to see the same 20 +/- all the time.

If there is a way to manually reset the shuffle, please let me know.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Grandma78633,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to know if you're able to access this prior to this issue. In addition, this has been reviewed by the appropriate Roku team, which is currently looking into it.

We would appreciate it if you could share with us the details requested.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grandma78633
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Prior to what??

I just started trying to use Photo Streams.

Screen Saver has never accessed all photos

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Grandma78633,

Thanks for the speedy update!

We'll send this over to the right team for further assistance. In the meantime, could you share with us the current OS version of these devices? 

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.