Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmnehauser
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Stream channel not working

Photo Streams channel it hangs on the startup image every time. Also hangs when previewing the screensaver. I have re-installed the app and checked for updates.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
lmnehauser
Channel Surfer

The app opens to the start-up image, flashes briefly, then freezes.

0 Kudos
Robtayl12

Same issue. Photo streams just freezing on its main screen. Ice restarted, reinstalled, everything. 

0 Kudos
SoaresFam

I am running into the same problem. FYI - Here is the information from my system currently:

Model: 3930X-Roku Express

Software Version: 11.5.0-Buold 4235-AE

Not sure if you need anything else but I am having the same issue with 4 TV's running the same build but it just started today. I was adding a new set of pictures and it would not work. I tried going back to the old set and they would not work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

BigAl57
Reel Rookie

I have just seen this same issue return on my TV's throughout the house, again. 4 sets (3 boxes and a Roku TV), and the Roku Photo Stream front page is all that shows up when screensaver is activated, or I seek to review the page on the TV.  It does open fine on the computer and my phone however. 

CHRJ

Same issue.    Cannot get past the splash screen. . . it was working yesterday (and actually earlier this morning - Sun 12/11/2022 PST)  on both of our TVs that have Roku 3's connected to them.    I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Unplugged the Roku device and let it sit for a minute and then plugged it back in.   Gone to settings and chose the system update (response was system was up to date).   It was particularly disappointing today as we had family visiting for a few hours and tried to show them the various family photos we'd set up as streams .....but it just hung on the main screen and no photos.  

AJTV
Reel Rookie

Im also having issues with this not working. 

i can not get past the get started screen with the QR code. I’ve scanned the code, uploaded on the main site, have those set as my screensaver. But the channel does not do anything after the QR code is scanned. 

MODEL: 7813X - Roku Tv

S/N YN00KA269030 (0G508K269030)

Software ver. 11.5.0 build 4235-AM

ID 30-498-106

0 Kudos
AJTV
Reel Rookie

Some extra info to the post above 

i have removed the channel, restarted, and re-added the channel. I keep getting the intro screen. Also the mobile app doesn’t change the situation as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pakepins

same all directions were followed to the T and is selected for screensaver on the new TCL Series 5 65" we just got for Christmas is working well except the screensaver never comes on and is selected as the app to use for screensaver. It shows 39 photos in preview are currently loaded but does not run anytime the tv is on or in sleep mode or ever only way I can see them is to go to preview in the photo channel app....also a weird thing is the screen saver works on my upstairs tv which it was not programmed through that one but it works fine on that tv whats up with that?

0 Kudos