Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pke6789
Reel Rookie

Photo Stream channel not working

Hi ours hasn’t worked for a while now. Version 1.43 build 8b56f8a4

funny enough it works on our other Roku TV so what gives? Why doesn’t it work on this specific one? We’ve tried deleting and resetting everything.

0 Kudos
57 REPLIES 57
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Photo Stream channel not working

Hello @pke6789

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Do you receive an error code or message whenever you try accessing Photo Streams?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pke6789
Reel Rookie

There are no error messages. Images just don't load. Within the Roku phone app and in the Roku TV app's preview mode all images are transparent or blank. When the screensaver appears on the Roku TV it never displays our images, it just shows the purple Roku Photo Streams logo over and over.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@pke6789

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. Screenshot/photo of the problem occurring

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
52loves42
Reel Rookie

Roku device model: 3820X - streaming stick

Serial number: X0170042HG8J

Device IDS08Y41A2HT8J

Software OS/version: 11.5.0 build 4235-CU

This occurs when trying to load the Photo Stream channel. I have uploaded photos via the app. When I start Photo Streams, it just ones to the Photo Streams logo, then flashes once and stays on that logo.

Issue tracker ID: 8J-486-943.

Thank you forntour help!!!

0 Kudos
Joeballer87
Reel Rookie

My photo stream is working on one of my tvs but not the other. They are both linked to the same account and email address but it just shows the demo pictures on one of my tvs

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Joeballer87

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What exactly is happening on screen when this issue happens?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaMaye

I am having the same issue, photo stream channel showing the get started screen, and even after finishing all the step and uploaded photos, it won’t load on the TV channel or screensaver

0 Kudos
Joeballer87
Reel Rookie

Exact same problem as @JaMaye 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JaMaye @Joeballer87

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. Screenshot/photo of the problem occurring

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos