Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmnehauser
Channel Surfer

Re: Peacock Channel Recently Crashing

Good luck. Just completed another reset. I have had to complete a factory reset 4 times now. It's the only way to reset everything. Charter App still works, but everything else plays for about 10 seconds and then the video freezes while the audio continues.

0 Kudos
BobbyS1
Channel Surfer

I never had this problem before with the Peacock channel until Roku updated the firmware last month.

Doing all these steps has been a waste of my time. It continues to happen. I've never had any of the other channels freeze. Most times only the video freezes but sometimes the audio is also gone.

I only use the NBC Sports channel on Peacock.

Why won't Roku/Peacock fix this technical issue?

What are users expected to do? Go through all these steps three or four times an hour? 

I will never buy another Roku product or recommend it to anybody. Roku only seems to care about marketing and not fixing their technical problems.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for posting to Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobbyS1
Channel Surfer

I just removed my Roku3 and put on a Roku Express model 3930X in its place. It's a Roku from another room that I rarely use. When I get a chance I'll hook back up the Roku3 and check out the model number and all the information that you asked for.

I really only use the Peacock channel in the mornings in my kitchen. At 7 AM I have on the Peacock PFT program and then following that at 9 AM I have on the Dan Patrick show. That is the only time I ever use the Peacock channel on any of my Roku's.

I'll find out tomorrow whether the Roku Express is ok on the Peacock channel.

I've never had any of the other channels freeze on the kitchen Roku3.

At the end of the week I'll let you know whether the Roku Express corrected the Peacock issue. 

0 Kudos
BobbyS1
Channel Surfer

The only channel I watch on Peacock is NBC or Peacock sports channel, what ever it is called. I only have it on from 7 AM to 12 AM EST. I watch/listen to PFT and the Dan Patrick show. 

I unplugged and restarted my router. I have done a factory reset, cleared the cache, removed the Peacock channel and reinstalled it. Something is wrong with the Peacock app and/or the NBC sports channel. I'm done trying things.

I don't have any other issues with any of my other devices on my network using Wi-Fi. Anytime I do a speed test I tend to be in a 70 MBPS download range. It's 9:20 AM now and since I've turned it on at 8:30 or so it's frozen four times already.

I'm done. I'm not posting anymore about this issue. Roku and/or Peacock just doesn't give a

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BobbyS1

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobbyS1
Channel Surfer

I've given up on Roku and Peacock. I'm using one of my extra MacBook airs and ran a HDMI cable with a lightning adapter directly to the back of the TV. No problems at all.

I don't have that problem with the ESPN channel. I watched 3/4 of a football game on Monday night and never once did it buffer or go blank or freeze.

I'm done wasting time trying all this stuff. I have removed the channel turned off the unit and then reinstalled Peacock and it still has problems. Sometimes it just buffers for a second with a black screen and a circle rotating and a picture and audio come right back on.

Thanks for trying but I don't wanna waste any more time with this subject.

0 Kudos