Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pbs kids app crashing on roku tv

Jump to solution

Hello @HaleyR,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the PBS Kids app. Could you try the following steps to resolve the issue?

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star button on your remote.
  • Restart the router.

If the issue is persistent after doing so, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • PBS app version.

Once information is available, we'll immediately flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jakemonty1

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my hisense roku tv.

I can load up every other app I have downloaded,  I only have this problem with the pbs kids app.

The roku stick I have on my other TV loads pbs kids just fine. No issues at all

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jakemonty1,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your concern about the PBS Kids channel with us. No worries; we are here to assist you with this.

It is recommended to Remove, Restart, and Re-install the channel if you experience this with only a specific channel. For detailed troubleshooting, you can visit our support page to learn how to resolve a channel playback issue

Furthermore, suppose the troubleshooting steps do not work. In that case, we highly suggest you contact the PBS Kids channel directly regarding this concern. The channel providers create, maintain, and update many channels/apps on Roku. You can contact them here: PBS Help: Support.

Please keep us posted so we can continue to assist you.

Kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jstncase

Jump to solution

Just a question. With so many people having the issue? Is it due to anyone using PiHole or any ad blocking on their home or router?

Roku traffic was being blocked for ads and it stopped PBS and other channels from working. Disabled ad blocking on my router and everything is back to working without having to reinstall anything.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.