Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OH_Streamer
Binge Watcher

Pause ads Block the screen

• When watching an episode of a show or a movie and "pause", an ad pops up blocking about 30% of the screen. I pause to see details in a scene, looking at the cast and other reasons. These ads are very annoying. I have 3 Roku devices and 1 Onn Roku TV. It does it on ALL devices. The software is V 12.5.0 build 4178-46 on my Roku Ultra 4660RW. Would you get rid of this or I'll start going into the secret menus and figure it out myself. 
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pause ads Block the screen

Hi @OH_Streamer,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Could you specify which channel (show/movie, content, or episodes) the issue persists? A photo would be really helpful, would you mind sending us one?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OH_Streamer
Binge Watcher

Pause Ads on Roku ChannelPause Ads on Roku Channel

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@OH_Streamer,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We appreciate you sharing the details requested. We'll take it from here, and I'll forward this over to the right team for further review.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
JBrk1

I am not sure if it will work for you. For me when the ad pops up on the pause screen, I pushed the star button to open the options menu. Then I press the back arrow. That takes me back to the paused screen with the ad removed. Hope that helps.

~Josh

0 Kudos
pdxster
Streaming Star

Yeah I really hate that too! I find that hitting the star button twice also works for getting rid of it. Not sure who thought it was a great idea to add a huge advertisement blocking the screen when we pause the picture but they should be horsewhipped and shown the exit door.