Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artr

Parental Control Blocking Viewing

All the apps I download are coming with a parental control. that blocks me from watching anything above what must be a PG13 rating. I did contact Discovery+ but they claim they don't do it.  I cannot find anything on Roku or the apps that I can use to disable it, Has anyone else had this problem.

Per guidelines here are my Roku model #4802X and serial #X0100004PMOYH

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Parental Control Blocking Viewing

Are you watching through "The Roku Channel"?  There's parental controls for that channel/app:  https://my.roku.com/account/pin

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Parental Control Blocking Viewing

Hi @Artr,

Thanks for reaching out here in Community. 

As mentioned by @renojim, are you accessing the channel through The Roku Channel? Parental Controls settings do not apply to channels outside of The Roku Channel (such as individual channels like Netflix or Hulu), and they do not prevent users from accessing content elsewhere (such a provider's website or mobile app).

You can modify or set Parental Controls for The Roku Channel. Once you access your PIN preferences, follow the steps to set a parental controls PIN. To learn more, go to How to set Parental Controls for The Roku Channel.

See related article:
How to block content using parental control

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need additional support and we will assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos