Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rippy

Re: Paramount+ with Showtime Bundle?

But why won’t the Roku allow us to delete the Paramount+ icon/app?  There isn’t a “delete channel” choice to reinstall it.  We are having the same issue…we aren’t able to play any Showtime movies or shows and yet we’ve paid the money.  Why can’t you help us?

andyross
Roku Guru

Because you are subscribed through Roku, you cannot remove the channel. The only way to do that is to CANCEL your Roku subscription.

And again, NEVER sign up through a 3rd party. Always sign up DIRECTLY at the service's WEB SITE.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Yeah, when you subscribe via Roku, the “delete channel” selection gets replaced by “manage subscription”.  I think this is because too many people used to delete channels for good without cancelling their subscriptions, so Roku decided to force people to cancel first.  It’s too bad the * menu doesn’t have a reinstall option, that sets up an automatic delete, reboot, reinstall process.

I agree that signing up directly seems to work a lot better.  Ie: I can access Paramount+ and Showtime, and I can delete the channel on Roku as desired, and if I ever need to call for help, the content provider will know who I am because I have an account directly with them.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.