Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tvuser7147

Re: Paramount plus is crashing

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. Paramount+ backs out to the homescreen after viewing for a minute or two. We have tried all of the previous troubleshooting tips without success. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tvuser7147

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Paramount Plus and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Chrislynne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried every suggestion on this page. Nothing has worked and this is the only app that keeps crashing. The best solution is to cancel this my subscription and recommend others to stay away from Paramount plus. It's very annoying when you try to watch a program and within 2 minutes, it goes black and restarts to your roku screen.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @Chrislynne

Thank you for the inquiry!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Paramount Plus channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Paramount Plus support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
KimberlyA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My #Paramount+ keeps crashing anytime I try to fast forward, it freezes and crashes. It is the ONLY app I’m having trouble with. All others work fine

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling multiple times. I’ve done the delete the app, restart the Roku device and reinstall, but every time I do that it keeps my login info so clearly I’m not getting a clean install. 

I’ve even tried doing a hard reboot (unplugging the Roku, waiting 60 seconds and plugging it back in) and still when I reinstall Paramount+ I’m already logged in. 

How can I ensure a clean install? Restarting the device and disconnecting the power to reboot are clearly not working. 

Thank you to anyone with advice on how to fix this. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @KimberlyA 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can reach Paramount+ Support here

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KimberlyA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope. Not resolved at all. This is still the buggiest of all my Roku Apps! Trying to FF or Rewind is a nightmare! 

0 Kudos
KimberlyA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Forgot to add Paramount+ support was no help at all either. 

0 Kudos