Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VijB
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ playback error on all Roku devices

I am getting the same issue.

I have tried everything.

An error message keeps appearing when I try and playback any programme.

Error Message: Error Unfortunately an error occurred during playback. Please try again.

If you wait long enough the message changes to Content Unavailable This content you are trying to play is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Now I have tried many different programmes with no luck.

I am using the Model: 3900EU Roku Express
Software Version: 11.5.0

Steps I have already taken:

Deleting Channel,
Updating Roku Software
Resetting WiFi Connection
Resetting Router
Unplugging Device
Restarting Device
Reinstalling channel
Updating Channel Update
Re-Logging back in Channel

The Issue still remains

Any advice would be great as I have exhausted all the areas I thought may have resolved the issues.

Please let me know what to do next?

Thanks

Vijya

0 Kudos
VijB
Reel Rookie

Mine started a few days ago too.  Please put out an update to resolve this.

0 Kudos
sadfalkjfaskjfa
Channel Surfer

Has been exhibiting this behavior for the last 48 hours for me, on four Roku TV's. Two of them had never had P+ installed, adding the channel to these did not work either.

Contacting P+ is a joke, so I hope someone at Roku will get Paramount's attention and get this resolved. I'm paying for commercial free P+ & Showtime, and so far it's been a total waste of money as I can't watch either!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just a reminder for when you remove a channel. You MUST reboot the Roku before adding the channel back in, or the removal was not complete. 

Unfortunately, Paramount is ultimately the one that will have to fix their channel. Roku does not create channels for 3rd party providers, and if you're only having a problem with a specific channel, it's likely a problem with that particular channel that Roku cannot resolve. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting an error message when playing content on the Paramount +. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. We would recommend reaching out to Paramount+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.
In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sadfalkjfaskjfa
Channel Surfer

So no way to insert a screen shot? You sure make us work hard to try to get a problem. fixed. I've wasted a couple of hours with Paramount, who don't want to be contacted. Now it's going to take me hours here too. You'd think Roku would be more interested in making sure it's clients were getting their money's worth!

Model: C133X Roku TV

Software: 11.5.0 build 4312-93

Issue ID: JE-177-405

0 Kudos
atc98092

@sadfalkjfaskjfa Yes you can add a screen shot. There's an icon on the toolbar above the text box that looks like a camera. That allows you to add a photo to your post. 

Dan

0 Kudos
cherylread

Re: Paramount+ Uh Oh Error on channel

I'm having the same problem.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I purchase from Paramount+. Also, my roku is part of my TV...I'm missing shows!!!

0 Kudos
Jsemon

It’s not Paramount! I can play episodes on my IPhone or IPad and Amazon Fire Stick. They just wont play on my ROKU!

0 Kudos
atc98092

It is too Paramount. The fact it works on other devices is meaningless, because it's not the same software program on different platforms. Paramount is the one that is responsible for their app, and only they can resolve any functionality issues.  

Dan

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.