Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TichenorPatty
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus - "Channel install failed" Unavailable in your region

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express 3900X - been working great.  I've had, and used, Paramount Plus many times in the past, and it's worked great.  

However, today, I went to open it and I got an "Unavailable in your region" error.  I immediately went to my laptop, logged in to Paramount+ and was able to watch just fine there.  So I returned to my TV, restarted my Roku Express 3900X, and deleted the Paramount+ app.  

Now, when I search for and try to reinstall the Paramount+ app, I get an error "Channel install failed" "Could not add 'Paramount Plus'."  I have reset the Roku device, restarted it, and keep getting this error message.  Paramount says there are no problems with my account, that's why I'm able to watch it just fine on my laptop, etc. so the problem must be with Roku.

All my other apps work perfectly fine, but for some reason today Paramount+ was having this problem that I just can't seem to fix.  Anyone have any ideas?  

IMG_5051.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TichenorPatty
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus - "Channel install failed"

Jump to solution

I had already done that, as well.  

Good news is woke up today, Paramount+ is on my Roku and working fine again.  I didn't even have to log in again.  Weirdest thing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to install the Paramount Plus channel. We're happy to help. We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
Additionally, this support article on how to install a channel on your Roku offers several ways to add a channel; you can refer to this one.

We hope this works for you.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TichenorPatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This was not a solution, unfortunately.  There is no channel to delete.  I've already done steps 1 and 2, and I'm getting this error when I attempt number 3 "Re-install the channel".

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @TichenorPatty!

We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting and informing us about the issue. In some cases, we highly recommend performing a manual software update to see if it makes any difference. You can follow the instructions provided.

1. Press the home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to check for updates manually

If you're still experiencing issues, we'd be willing to help further! Please provide us with the following information so we can investigate the issue more closely.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TichenorPatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had already done that, as well.  

Good news is woke up today, Paramount+ is on my Roku and working fine again.  I didn't even have to log in again.  Weirdest thing.