Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jspilde
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

I have the same issue where on all my Roku's it will not play Paramount Plus through the PP app or through Prime Video. It hangs and then errors out whenever playing a show. Trailers play fine. I thought it was a permissions issue but it is not parental control related. It is not account related. I have signed up for a new account and same thing. I have remove the apps, rebooted and readded, same thing. It's been going on months. Shows play fine from PC browser and Android phones. Roku and Paramount need to fix this!

Dansha95
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Up-dated to latest version and ours is now working.

0 Kudos
reader37

Jump to solution

I paid for Paramount plus, it's on my channels list.  I have removed the channel and reinstalled channel, rebooted internet, and still nothing.  Not happy!  Need help fixing issue.

uniqueangel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is more than a year later.

My Paramount Plus won't play Star Trek Discovery. It has worked in the past but now will not start the episode's video. It will play a little of the audio and then crash. Also, and this is important, there is NO  "Remove Channel" option only "Cancel Subscription" 

HELP!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@uniqueangel The manage subscription means you subscribed through Roku.  You would get Remove Channel option if you subscribed through Paramount Plus or some other service.  I would try updating the channel on your Roku device.  Just click the * and select update channel.  Might also try restarting the Roku device.  

0 Kudos
uniqueangel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for these suggestions. It serves that I have tried nearly everything right so far. Could you say more about the difference between the "Remove Channel" and "Unsubscribe" features under the star/options menu?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@uniqueangel What is often suggested when having a problem with a specific channel is to remove the channel. restart your Roku device. and then add the channel back onto your device.  If you subscribe to the channel from the channel provider this option is available.  If you subscribe through Roku you can not remove the channel.  This option is replaced with manage subscription.  The reason is likely Roku had users remove the channel assuming it cancelled their subscription., and we're upset when they continued to be charged for the service.

0 Kudos
Caporal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. If happening for a long time 

Today I updated the stick to Roku os 11.

Uninstalled the Channel, rebooted, installed again.

Just a black screen written paramount+ on the top left.

Call paramount and say what ? Is not related to my subscription since I am far even from login in to it 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Caporal

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Caporal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, thanks for reaching out.

Here are the answers.

Model: 3920RW - Roku Premiere

Serial: YH00A370817

ID: JF296A708170

OS Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-91

Occours only in Paramont + (as far as I know)

Version 7.3 build 20220520

Tracker ID: 70-220-067

Steps to reproduce.

Any time I open the Paramont + channel, it loads and then I get a black screen with Paramont logo on top and no other way to continue, log in or anything.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the channel.

Rebooted the Roku

Uninstalled, rebooted, installed...

Dont manage to make it get to the login screen. (or Paramont home page)

Thanks

Caporal

0 Kudos