Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meemo

Re: Paramount Plus-how to restart an episode on Roku

Jump to solution

I just I just opened the app and picked the show I wanted to replay by highlighting it. Then I took my Roku remote and pressed the microphone button and said play and it started playing season 1 episode 1 which was exactly what I wanted. Hopefully that will work for others!

0 Kudos
TresV

Jump to solution

After wasting an inordinate amount of time on several suggested solutions (as well as those I thought of on my own), none were successful. I ended up using Airplay to cast the episode from my phone to my tv. Ridiculousness!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Turn off Autostart in settings on Paramount plus . com Not available on the roku app that I could find so went to the computer.  Then I started playing Episode 3 (the one I was to rewatch that won't play on the TV, and after a minute or so of watching it on the computer I went back to the roku continue watching list.  It looked like it was going to start at the end again but then it clicked and worked and started from the point I was watching it on the computer.  Very painful.  I'm thinking it might be a roku only issue, not sure, I'll have to try to watch it on my fire stick and see if that works.  If it does I may just switch from a ROKU to a Fire Stick, they're cheap now.

Years since this post started now but it still does not have an option to restart the episode.  So I cancelled the auto start (as roku kept moving it to Survivor which it chose to play next after the 3rd episode of "The Real Love Boat" which I fell asleep in (working nights). Time they fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
RobG972

Jump to solution

The only way I found to restart an episode is to make a new profile and start it on there.

jumpers

Jump to solution

I’m about to do this too. This should be the highest priority fix for them. It’s a bad look for a streaming service when folks can’t stream content.…

0 Kudos
FortuneDollChi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have experienced the exact same issue reported by others  -  Once watched, an episode will not restart and there is no "restart from beginning" option like most other apps - I checked, "hidden" ...  * ...  and "all arrows" (these are the multiple ways to find the "restart" feature during playback on streaming apps) ... NOTHING!

The only why to restart an episode is to CATCH the VERY SHORT MOMENT during the credits. You must press rewind during the end credits ... if the auto play is on, you will a few milliseconds to move the cursor to the credit screen in the minimized window, that appears at the bottom right corner. Once the credits are full screen again you have milliseconds to press rewind before the end. In most cases, you will miss the 'rewind window' because, at this point, you are at the end of the credits.  To use this process, you must have quick fingers ... SUCH A PAIN!!

I do not believe this is a PARAMOUNT issue!!! This extremely inconvenient problem does not occur with ANY OTHER APPLICATION that I use on Roku AND, I receive the same error NO MATTER WHICH DEVICE I use. I have restarted the devices and, uninstalled & reinstalled the app, too many times to count, but nothing helped. I have also contacted Paramount techinical service but I just keep getting the same standard response over and over and over again ... even from the escalation team. They ARE NOT LISTENING!!! They ask you to unstall/reinstall the app even when you tell them you've done it a 100 times ... they want you to check your internet connection (REALLY!! COME ON!!!) ... they tell you to clear your 'cache', even when you tell them you are using your televison!!  I am so READY TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION!!!!

0 Kudos
dscryber

Jump to solution

I tried everything in this thread using Roku on my tv but nothing worked. I then used the Paramount+ app on my iPhone and was able to restart an episode. I paused the episode, went back to to app on my tv using Roku and the episode was restarted there as well.

0 Kudos
tb542
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here it is, 4 months later, and I'm having (still) the same problem. I would have thought that Paramount + would have fixed it by now but why would I expect them to fix a problem? The "select the previous episode and let it roll over to the episode I want to watch" seems to work but if Paramount would just put the "watch from beginning" or "resume" options in their programming like normal streaming channels, it would be so much easier.

0 Kudos
marciem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree, they SHOULD implement a "Play from beginning" function, but so far they don't.

I say... GO TO THE APP... on your phone or tablet or computer, start the episode, then go back to your Roku and the episode will play from where you left it on the app.  Not hard to do if you have your phone handy, only takes the time to find the show on the Paramount+ app.

0 Kudos
tb542
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm on my third email with them and now they want every little bit of information that has nothing to do with the issue - what episode exactly?  what show (every bleeping show that I try "rewatching" to see the end of the show)? what's your IP address (that is not needed - either Paramount Plus has the options to resume or watch from beginning, or they need to light a fire under their programmers!)? I hate having to contact (non) customer service as I don't remember the last time anyone there, Paramount Plus-Amazon-Walmart, actually helped me.

0 Kudos