Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
togara
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus-how to restart an episode on Roku

Jump to solution

That method would work for me until the show would get ALL the way to the end of the credits. The method I described was the only way I could get the episode to restart once it made it all the way to the end. They really should have a restart episode option.

mharber2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I totally agree with you that would be so much easier

0 Kudos
DillonMilo

Jump to solution

What worked for me wast to try and restart the episode and before anything is loaded spam the instant replay button. Button looks like a circular arrow and different from the regular replay button.

mharber2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I put the suggestion in to paramount + for a restart button and they forwarded the request to the developers. Hoping and praying they listen and add one.

Frappa

Jump to solution

I don’t know what the heck I’m doing on this forum exactly, I’m new to all of this, but I have found a viable workaround for the Paramount Plus rewatch issue.

If you use the phone app it is much more forgiving. Select the episode you want to watch and it  should reset the episode on your Roku simultaneously or nearly so. You can shut down the app once the TV restarts it’s program from the beginning.

I had turned off auto play but I really don’t think it matters with this particular issue.

This is by no means a fix, Paramount Plus has some work to do but hopefully this will work for the time being. Rock on friends!

Tags (3)
Kenneth92
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, same problem here except i haven't been able to get it to rewind even once.  This is really annoying me. What a joke. They need to fix this. 

Kenneth92
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Omg this actually worked! Thank you so much..... it rewinded JUST enough to let me press "watch credits" and finish rewinding from there.... seriously, thank you,  I've been trying to restart an episode for an hour...

0 Kudos
mharber2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes it is a joke and I sent a request to them to add a restart button and they forwarded it to developers. We will see what happens. You are most welcome

Mrosep

Jump to solution

The “going back to the previous episode of what episode you actually want to rewatch and hitting watch next episode” is the ONLY thing that worked for me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RSFeathers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I never have a problem with my phone app. I can re-watch a Paramount+ episode as many times as I like on my Android device. This makes me wonder if it is more a Roku issue, not Paramount, since Paramount+ works just fine on a device other than Roku. *shrug*

Your solution usually works for me, too, but a couple of times recently not even that helped. Ugh. So frustrating.

0 Kudos