Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhatterm

Paramount Plus-how to restart an episode on Roku

Jump to solution

I just signed up for paramont plus and have watched some episodes on my tv. I want to rewatch them on my tv but I can't seem to do that. There doesn't seem to be a rewatch option and when I click Watch Credits the episode is over so it starts me on the next episode so I can't even rewind all the way. I know I must be doing somethign wrong.. please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tardawgdee

Re: Paramount Plus-how to restart an episode on Roku

Jump to solution

I figured out a work around.  If you have the APP on your phone (add it if not) you can go to the show and start the episode you want to rewatch.  Then go back (make sure you restart it if not closed) to Paramount Plus on your TV and it is in your Continue Watching list. Then just rewind back to the beginning and Poof!  There you go!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
89 REPLIES 89
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm not in front of my Roku now, but I thought when you selected an episode in Paramount+, it gave you options like: Resume and Play From Beginning.  (Those may not be the exact words.)

daaketm

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I turned off the automatic start of the next episode in settings. Once you click the show you want to rewatch, click the watch credits and try hitting play. It worked for me, so hopefully it will work for you too!

daaketm

Jump to solution

That option is only there if the episode you're trying rewatch hasn't been completely finished. 

Rondo1

Jump to solution

When you're watching the episode, press the back button don't press rewind. The BACK button is on the top left of remote.  This takes you all the way out of the episode which offers you the option to resume or restart.  It's poor design for sure. But it's there. 

FiatNox

Jump to solution

Same issue is driving me crazy. My kids want to watch the same episodes over and over and I have to try like 10 times to hit the rewind button in the milliseconds you have after the episode loads and before it ends. None of the solutions posted here work. (Disabling auto play just kicks you back to the episode list at the end of the episode. Hitting the back button kicks you back to the episode list with no prompt to restart the episode.) It seems insane that there is no simple way to start an episode from the beginning.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the post. 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the Paramount Plus customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can contact them here: Paramount Plus Support

Regards,
Nimfa

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Searching around the internet, I see people complaining about this with Paramount+ in a web browser and in Paramount’s phone apps, too.  Seems like their UI guys need a poke so let them know!

togara
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The only thing that works reliably for me:

1) enable auto play in the app

2) run the previous episode until completion (you can fast forward but stop near beginning of credits

3) select play next episode

4) disable auto play option if that is your  preference

this does not work for me if I do not have auto play selected

mharber2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue. Go into settings turn off autoplay then go back into the episode and it will let use the arrow buttons on the remote to manually rewind to the beginning. You just cant do it with the autoplay enabled. It disables the ability to do it manually. 

0 Kudos