Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaclJay

Paramount+ - Not Available in this Region

Whenever trying to access Paramount+ from my Roku device, I get "Not Available in this Region".  This occurs at my home in Vancouver BC and at Canadian and US hotels.  All of the other subscriptions I access on my Roku work fine (Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV etc all work fine).

Does anyone know of a solution to access Paramount+ on Roku?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount+ - Not Available in this Region

Hi @MaclJay,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry about your experience accessing the Paramount Plus channel with the error message "Not available in this region." May we ask if you have created a Roku account that is located in your region?

In addition, please be aware that a Roku device will work in any location; however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

You can reach them here: Paramount Plus Support.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MaclJay

Hi,

My Roku account was created on Roku.com within Canada.    https://www.roku.com/en-ca/

I can successfully access my Paramount+ plus account on my Smart TV at home in Vancouver, BC and on Smart TV's in Canadian hotels.  I cannot however access my Paramount+ plus account on my Roku at home or at Canadian or US hotels.

I have many e-mails back and forth with Paramount Plus Support but no resolution as of yet.  Paramount Plus Support is suggesting that my Roku is connected to a VPN or proxy or other software when connecting at home (and at hotels).

I have no issue accessing Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc on my Roku either at home or when travelling to Canadian or US hotels.

0 Kudos
Zkc

It's a Roku problem. Works on my computer. Works on Firestick. Same location. Same internet. Won't work on Roku.

DarkReaperZA
Reel Rookie

I have 3 of these devices for some reason, thinking they should just go on the trash now. Works perfectly fine on my Xbox

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're having with Paramount Plus. Please provide us with the following information below:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have gathered a few more pieces of information, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DarkReaperZA
Reel Rookie

Model  4200X - Roku 3

Serial  4124C2030036

I dont see an device ID

Software  12.5.5 build 4174-04

will have to do that Tracker ID when I take it out of the trash when I get home.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@DarkReaperZA,

Thanks for the update. We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. If you have a Roku voice remote, you can also get the Tracker ID; just say "Issue ID" and report back here.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DarkReaperZA
Reel Rookie

Issue ID 36-226-584

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@DarkReaperZA,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We will send an update to the team and ensure that this thread is updated with any new information.

Thanks for extending your patience and understanding.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.