Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonOfLiberties
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ Flashing Black Screen Fix

When watching shows on the Paramount+ app, I would continually get a flashing black screen while the audio kept working. The way I fixed it was by continuously clearing the ‘Continue Watching’ on the Roku Home Screen every time before I started up the Paramount+ app. I think this was introduced when that update was rolled out

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SonOfLiberties
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ Flashing Black Screen Fix

Edit: Clear the ‘Continue Watching’ on the Roku Home Screen.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @SonOfLiberties,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your issue when streaming on Paramount+. Please try these steps below and see if they fix the issue.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star (*) to open the Options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm. If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device. Go to Settings > System > Power (skip this step if this option is not available) > System Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again. If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to re-subscribe.

Let us know if the issue persists after trying these steps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmmelizabeth
Reel Rookie

"Remove Channel" is not an option for that app anymore... all the other apps have the same process, you press * to pull up the options, and select 'Remove App'. However, that option doesn't appear for Paramount. It's like they are forcing you to deal with their poor programming.

Menu of Paramount options

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mmmelizabeth,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please note that if you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmmelizabeth
Reel Rookie

Ok... that's not super helpful, as I am not trying to cancel the deal I am on right now with Paramount, I'd just like it to work properly.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We understand, @mmmelizabeth.

Thanks for your response.

Can you confirm if you have already tried the other ways to remove a channel in this article on how to remove channels from your Roku streaming device? Some of the options provided on this support page worked for other users, so we'd recommend giving them a try.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jaybytez
Channel Surfer

I myself have already tried removing Paramount+ and restarted and reinstalled, and the black screen showed up today.  No other app does this accept Paramount+.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jaybytez,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Hey there.  Yeah this is really annoying.  You can simply scroll through the movies or shows because you keep getting a black screen in between.  We also have auto play shut off, so not sure why it keeps doing it.  Also, what do you mean to clear the continue watching?  I don't see that on our Roku.  Thx.  Glad it's not just us.

0 Kudos