Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobrae1314

Re: Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

paid for it, still cant get it

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

I'm curious, what have you done to resolve the issue? I'm not having any issue watching NewsMax+ at all. As a matter of fact it's running at this very moment. Can you post step by step the process you have done to try and get it running?

0 Kudos
titan2
Channel Surfer

I originally signed up for the trial via newsmax website.  The same day I paid for 1 yr via Roku TV.  When the trial ended, my Newsmax stopped.  After numerous emails and phone conversations with Roku and Newsmax, I still do not have the Newsmax feed.  Roku was kind enough to refund me my money and told me that my subscription to Newsmax will remain active until 3 Nov 2024.  Newsmax customer service on the phone and email have been very rude, disappointing.  I cannot even try to repay via Roku because the Roku says my subscription is active.  I could care less now, I subscribed to OAN and I enjoy it.

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Ok, if I understand this correct, you paid for the service via the Roku app and then they refunded you because it did not work. Ignore what Roku tells you about the end of the subscription as there, as I have experienced some kind of misconnect between payment at Roku and the Newsmax+ site. Do NOT try paying for the service via the Roku app and repaying is not going to resolve the issue. Officially you have not paid for the service anymore as Roku refunded your money weather or not Roku says your subscription is active. If you really want Newsmax+ simply go to the Newsmax+ website and subscribe there setting up your account and password and use that password to connect your Roku app. Per the phone conversations, I understand frustration and tempers can flare. I managed to get an email connection with NewsMax and they were very helpful and refunded me twice as I was double paid because of the Roku payment disconnect. Once everything was cleared I simply repaid at the NewsMax+ website through my account that was established logged on and am enjoying the service.

0 Kudos
vkcroy
Reel Rookie

Same scenario for me.  I paid for a year on November last year.  Finally got it on our new “ Stand by me” system and the Geek Squad got Newsmax+ set up on it but still can’t get it on our LG TV?  I have subscribed to Rocu and Spectrum is our Internet and some programs provider.  What now?

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

All I can really say from my own experience is: Do NOT subscribe to NewMax+ through the Roku app. There is some kind of disconnect between Roku and NewsMax in what I believe may be payment from Roku to NewsMax which appears to not being applied to the NewsMax+ app. If you paid via Roku get your refund and then go the NewsMax+ site and sign up there setting up your password and use that password to login to the NewsMax+ app.

0 Kudos
vkcroy
Reel Rookie

paid for for Newsmax plus back in November. Haven’t been able to get it since just paid to subscribe to LG still can’t get it. I’m getting a little frustrated

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Subscribe on the Newsmax+ website,  setup an account there and use that password to login.  Any monies paid to any other service to get Newsmax+ need to get refunded.  This should solve your problem. 

0 Kudos