Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

Re: Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

I thought the 2 version was free (after hours of searching for a complete answer online) - irritating for sure.

0 Kudos
username777
Channel Surfer

i had two subscriptions on roku also but when i chatted online i ask to refund the yearly one as it was not a free trial  and the monthly one worked on roku  they were very nice and refunded the yearly as a courtesy one time  so now we have newsmax plus    happy it got fixewd for us   glad to pay 10 dollars more for monthly just for the year  to get it working again 

0 Kudos
username777
Channel Surfer

newsmax2 is free   when you get your newsmax plus account  working app the app will show newsmax 2 in the left corner if you want to watch   other wise hit play and plus will be what you watch

0 Kudos
Bevesu

I did the same thing this morning.  Can't get it on my Roku.  No one answers at customer service.  Tried to cancel the subscription, but it said it would cancel after Dec 1, which means they will receive a payment first. This is not right

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

My NewsMax+ is working pretty good now. I did get double billed as I was worried about. But, luckily I had an email with a support person at NewsMax that has been working good for communication. This message basically said they would cancel the subscription so the billing would not occur. Well, my original fear happened and I did get double billed, so I replied to the message saying I wouldn't and NewsMax promptly refunded my account for the double billing. If anyone is having communication problems, I got this email string generated from the site in following the various areas of contact and sent one to the general message with the opening statement "I'm not sure who to contact but here is my problem." I took a couple of days to get it going and so far all is well. Be patient as NewsMax is getting things under control.

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Update! NewsMax+ has been working just fine except for the billing issue. During all of the confusion I subscribed via both the NewsMaxPlus website and the Roku app. Roku, immediately posted payment and then about a week later NewsMax posted another payment. I have a NewsMax support email in process and they refunded me the NewsMax subscription as I preferred to manage my subscriptions via my Roku account. The other day NewsMaxPlus rebilled my account amounting to a double-payment. NewsMax then cancelled that payment informing me that any questions need to be handled by Roku. Well, tonight my NewsMax went back down again, so I contacted Roku support via chat and they said it was a NewsMax issue but were more than happy to refund my Roku charge. I then went back to NewsMaxPlus and re-subscribed to my annual plan and made payment again and now my NewsMaxPlus is working just fine. 

In a nutshell, DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION VIA THE ROKU APP! NewsMax needs to handle it directly and login with your NewsMax password. This should solve your problems and double-billing if you are experiencing that. Good night, and I'm going to watch my NewsMax now! 🙂

titan2
Channel Surfer

I seem to have a similar problem.  I originally signed up via newsmax, then immediately cancelled it.  I was not charged.  I did subscribe via Roku Tv for 1 yr.  Well, the so-called complimentary period must have expired via newsmax. Roku says I am logged in and my subscription ends in November 2024, but when I click on Newsmax it says I am logged out and asks me to subscribe monthly.  I sent an email to newsmax support and am waiting.

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

I've come to the conclusion that Newsmax+ is not fully connected to the Roku Newsmax account access.  Best thing to do is get a refund from Roku, then re-suscribe through the Newsmax+ website.  Login with your Newsmax account. 

0 Kudos
CDRoss

Yes I’m experiencing the same thing.  Newsmax2 is coming up on TV and I can get the live on my phone and computer.  Did you find out how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Yes, it was fairly simple. Roku I updated my NewsMax app on my TV and Roku device and it just started to work, being logged into the NewsMax+ site. Now, in the process of trying to get it to login it asked to sign up for a Roku subscription which I did and now I had a double billing issue. To solve the issue I got a refund and cancelation on both sides of the service, Roku and NewsMax. Then I went back to NewsMax+ signed up again and also made a fresh payment then logged back into the app with my NewsMax+ password and now everything is working just fine.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.