Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

I went to the NewsMaxPlus.com website and it said it was available on Roku. So I paid $49.99 for the subscription and only get the 2 version. Did this happen to anyone else? I would not have purchased the subscription if they advised only phones and computers. I have sent NewsMax a customer service request but there is nothing related on the site specifically for NewsMax+, still waiting for a reply from them.

57 REPLIES 57
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

@Uncle-Buck 

Although I can't confirm personally, a few Roku users have indicated that Newsmax Support replied that they may be releasing an update to their channel/app tomorrow to allow Newsmax+ to be viewed on Roku devices.  (will just have to wait and see on that one).

A temporary workaround is to go into the existing standalone Newsmax channel/app on your Roku device and select the personality you want to watch. (then select "episodes")  I noticed the 11/01/23 episodes are there for many of them and they played fine. (I do not have the Newsmax+ account).

Until Newsmax releases such an update, you should be able to cast to your TV/Roku device, or even use a HDMI cable from your laptop to your TV (bypass Roku) and stream from the Newsmax website after login/signin to your new Newsmax+ account if you wish to stream LiveTV (the actual Newsmax+ stream, not the N2 stream).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

couyon1
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. It states that it is available on Roku but I am unable to get it. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@couyon1 

The Newsmax app has not yet been updated to allow streaming Newsmax+ on Roku devices.  I have seen no official info from Newsmax regarding the app release for Roku.

Still need to resort to casting to your Roku devices for now from their website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Dee76
Channel Surfer

Newsmax is now up for those with subscriptions!

They are using the same app, you do have to update the Newsmax App.

Before going to live tv in the app, go to the menu at the left, down to Account Settings, enter your info, and then your Live Newsmax will work on your Roku.

I'm glad they kept their word to have it up and working today!

ElricOfMelnibon
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax is now up for those with subscriptions!

This Worked, Remember to update!

0 Kudos
sude77

That's great news for Newsmax subscribers! Being able to access Newsmax with a subscription provides you with a wealth of news and information. It's always valuable to have reliable sources of news and analysis at your fingertips. Whether you're interested in current events, politics, or a variety of other topics, having access to premium content can help you stay informed. Enjoy exploring the latest updates and articles on Newsmax!

#Newsmax

0 Kudos
LisaT0527
Reel Rookie

I removed the app on my Roku TV, then reinstalled. It asked me for login info and is now appears to be working!

0 Kudos
Biddy

It worked. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Uncle-Buck
Binge Watcher

Update! This evening I went to system update on my Roku device and the NewsMax app updated. There is now a login for your account. But, note that the app is kind of unstable and even though I've logged in it will say that I've been logged out. I go to the Account setting and it says I'm still logged in. So I log out and login again then the programming continues. I imagine it is going to be a bit unstable until they get the bugs out. So I recommend that everyone update their Roku software from the main menu.