Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dujy44

Re: Newsmax is now up for those with subscriptions!

I just kept hitting the OK button on the remote in the Newsmax app and it finally loaded completely. It did make me sign in again, though.

0 Kudos
Dee76
Channel Surfer

actually it is not a lie. many of us are watching it just fine on our Roku Tv, through the newsmax app.

you have a couple of options, you can contact newsmax, which is very easy to do, you can uninstall and reinstall your newsmax app, and see if that works out whatever your issue is.

or you can cancel your free trial, make a new email and password, and go from there.

my first attempt with this, kept saying that they didnt recognize my email for idk what reason. but i switched it to my secondary email, and it works fine. 

there is nobody here trying to lie to you, or to in any way harm you. and realize, you may have signed up to pay for a year, but we don't actually get charged for 15 days. You're still under free trial. 

Have a really nice day. 

0 Kudos
rhavera
Reel Rookie

I Paid for the year subscription for Newsmax plus. I have updated everything, still can not get it to come on. I'm very upset. I called newsmax twice no call back

cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

Re: Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

I paid for the Roku suggested Newsmax annual subscription on 11-3-23 and only got the N2 version; I left 2 voicemails for Newsmax customer service as early as 11-7-23 , no reply; I sent an email to Newsmax customer service 2-3 days ago, still no reply.  This is VERY FRUSTRATING.

I wanted to get a refund from Newsmax for the charge on my account since I didn't get the Newsmax+, but then realized it was Roku I had paid; so now I just got on Newsmax+ website and paid annual for the PLUS part of Newsmax and now I get on Roku and I have access to both.

So... I hope it wasn't deliberate and all along they planned on charging extra for Roku Newsmax2 (N2) and then in addition another $49.99 for the Newsmax+.  

I cannot reach anyone at Newsmax Customer Service - this was very poorly handled, there should be an explanation at least with an automated description when we call Customer Service - this is so upsetting, especially with all that is going on in the world that is so depressing.

0 Kudos
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

I finally got impatient, so after paying annual subscription via Roku for Newsmax thinking it was Newsmax+ subscription I was paying for, and didn't get ANY replies to my emails or voicemails to Newsmax Customer Service, I paid via Newsmax website the subscription for Newsmax+ and now on Roku I have access to both, so it seems to me that they are charging for just the headlline news of N2 and then also for Newsmax+; this is just disgusting and dishonest

0 Kudos
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

when I subscribed with the annual subscription on Roku (and my bank account got charged already).....it didn't give me Newsmax+ but asked me again by giving me only the monthly option when I already had paid Roku the annual subscription.  This is so confusing.

0 Kudos
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

how long ago did you try to reach out to Newsmax customer service and how long did it take for them to return your call or email?

So you are saying that Newsmax will cancel the subscription I paid on their website and then the subscription that shows on my Roku TV/app will be the annual subscription for Newsmax+ that I will be managing for renewal?

0 Kudos
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

My tired brain isn't navigating your description, I'll have to just wait for customer service at Newsmax to cancel the subscription I paid to them since in order to get Newsmax Plus on my Roku TV I ended up having to pay two subscriptions (I ended up with N2 which I do not care about, but I hear that is free anyway).

Thanks for trying to explain - watching my grandchild lately is not helping me with being the organized person I usually am - 😐

0 Kudos
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

Geez, how frustrating.🙄

0 Kudos
cunninghamfarme
Channel Surfer

I didn't get hung up on but it did ask for my phone number name --- i guess I didn't wait long enough and they probably would have hung up on me - arghhh☹️

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.