Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
titan2
Channel Surfer

Re: Paid for NewsMax+ and still get the 2 version.

Exact same problem for me.  I get a logged out message.  But, even with password, it says wrong password.

0 Kudos
Lillie

I agree.  I paid for Newsmax plus.  Then when I try to open the app, it asks for my password.  Do I put in my Roku password or my email password (my email was at the top) or my Newsmax password?  Getting frustrated.

Ron21
Channel Surfer

NOTE: If you never signed up at Newsmax, it may be easier if you sign up/register for the Newsmax free trial on your laptop or desktop first. Then wait a bit for the Newsmax database to update with your info. Then go to the Roku Newsmax app and try to login and pay the fee. If you can't login, try the method I had to use (see below).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same issue. I had to be sure I was not logged in to Newsmax on any other device and then go back to my main Roku device and change my Newsmax password by using "Forgot Password". After that Newsmax accepted my new password and took me to a screen where I had to pay either annually or monthly (even though I had signed up for the 15 day free trial the day before). Once I paid, it took me to the live Newsmax plus screen. (As a side note, the unused free trial period days were added to the subscription expiration date.) I hope this helps.  

Randy71
Reel Rookie

Having exactly the same problem! Takes me 20 minutes and multiple try's to finally get it to work. If I got to another channel then come back to Newsmax+ I have to start the process all over again.

Joekul

I also bought this Muthfquers news max 50 dollars cant even answer the calling news max...!!! phone or bushiness numbers either they just hang up on me since I payed for they crooked deal...???

0 Kudos
Shayd002

Same.  Paid but no access on my Roku TV. Which is the only place I would watch it

0 Kudos
username777
Channel Surfer

did update on roku worked once but now its same as everyone else   says logged out and wants you to buy by month    already paid and roku has my yearly money   so will wait to see when it gets the bugs out    have new newamax plus app   but not working yet

0 Kudos
username777
Channel Surfer

no free trial when you subsctibe on roku    

0 Kudos
twodogs2Kids
Channel Surfer

Ron 21 - Thank you for the info.  I did as you suggested but I did not have to pay again but only changed my password for Newsmax when I kept getting the message that it was an error code and I needed to put my email and password in again.  After multiple attemps, I changed the password, only for Newsmax, as you suggested and updated all of my apps streaming thru the Roku device.  I had to repeat this for each TV but it is working for now.  I'm holding my breath and have to say this has been a most frustrating experience.

If I have any more issues, I'm calling Newsmax directly!!

David51034

Re: Newsmax is now up for those with subscriptions!

This is a lie.
Although Roku recognized I had a PAID annual subscription,
whenever I tried to watch my subscription,
I could only reach ANOTHER effort to get me to subscribe AGAIN,
without EVER BEING ABLE TO WATCH THE SUBSCRIPTION
I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.