Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgoodmann
Reel Rookie

Outside Channel no longer on Live TV menu

Jump to solution

I just dropped Uverse and got a Roku device a couple of weeks ago, seeing what comes up--quite a lot--for no additional subscription charges, along with the Prime and Netflix subscriptions that I have. I have been enjoying programming from the Outside Channel which, until yesterday, appeared on the Live TV menu and in any scroll through Live channels. Now it's gone; why? 

Does Roku make such changes regularly to remove or move channels from free to paid subscriptions?  

Tom

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Outside Channel no longer on Live TV menu

Jump to solution

So you must be talking about the Roku Channel live tv. The content you view on there can change. After all it’s free. Most are actually free from other channels such as PlutoTV. Outside TV is channel 469. Could it change? Yes. Also be sure you didn’t change the line up. If you scroll all the way to the left and press the * button on the remote you can alter what you see. Keep in mind this is FREE. 

View solution in original post

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tgoodmann 

As mentioned above, some of the Roku Channel Live TV channels will come and go as the lease expires.  Normally will stay in the same area and at same channel number as Roku adds more channels.

Recently, Roku seems to have made some organizational changes to the Live TV Guide.  If you can remember the name of a channel, you can use your voice remote (microphone button) and say "Outdoor Channel", and then Roku should take you to the new location. (ch. 469)

Looks like the guide was updated/reorganized just a few days ago.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So you must be talking about the Roku Channel live tv. The content you view on there can change. After all it’s free. Most are actually free from other channels such as PlutoTV. Outside TV is channel 469. Could it change? Yes. Also be sure you didn’t change the line up. If you scroll all the way to the left and press the * button on the remote you can alter what you see. Keep in mind this is FREE. 

tgoodmann
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, Streamer317; very helpful and informative.

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I myself never use the Roku channel. For true real live tv I use YouTube TV. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tgoodmann 

As mentioned above, some of the Roku Channel Live TV channels will come and go as the lease expires.  Normally will stay in the same area and at same channel number as Roku adds more channels.

Recently, Roku seems to have made some organizational changes to the Live TV Guide.  If you can remember the name of a channel, you can use your voice remote (microphone button) and say "Outdoor Channel", and then Roku should take you to the new location. (ch. 469)

Looks like the guide was updated/reorganized just a few days ago.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102