Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bs67
Reel Rookie

One OTA channel does not show up on TCL ROKU tv

Recently launched METV Toons OTA channel 18.9 out of Charlotte NC does not show up in guide so that I can watch it. 18.1 thru 18.8 work fine. 18.9 was there  until Thursday June 27. Just disappeared. The channel scan says 82 channels are found, only 81 appears in guide. 18.9 is the missing one. Re-scan, reset or anything else makes it come back. I know it is available to me because 2 Samsung TVs connected to same antenna will show that channel. What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RILEY55

Re: One OTA channel does not show up on TCL ROKU tv

We are having the same problem!  Very disappointed with Roku tv.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @bs67 @RILEY55!

Thanks for letting us know about this. Rest assured that we will help you determine the cause and find the best resolution to get you back on streaming.

We'd like to gather the necessary details so we can proceed with the investigation. Kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo of the TV guide and the confirmation that there are 82 channels scanned.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NURSEMARY
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue. 

Model 7134x

Device J79876595835

Software- 13.1.4 build 1510-30

Serial- YN0064595835

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @NURSEMARY!

Thanks for letting us know you've got the same issue as posted above. Rest assured that we'll look closely into this matter for review.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific OTA channel are you referring to?
  • Are you able to access this channel before?
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

In the meantime, thank you for providing us with the details of the affected Roku device.

Your response is highly anticipated.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NURSEMARY
Reel Rookie

We have not been able to access this channel on this TV. It is 5.6 ME toons. We can get it on another non roku tv in the house. 

Model 7134x

Device J79876595835

Software- 13.1.4 build 1510-30

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @NURSEMARY.

Thanks for providing us with the requested details. 

Just to clarify, are you able to access this channel before on your TCL Roku TV? It may be possible that your antenna is unable to detect this channel as there are only limited channels available on your TCL Roku TV via antenna. 

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

We'll be looking forward to your confirmation.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bs67
Reel Rookie

I have found that if I change my zip code in settings to one not in my area and re-scan for over the air channels my missing 18.9 metoons channel magically reappears. But most of the channel guide information for other channels is wrong. Like I originally stated the channel was there and disappeared.

Serial number: X012009E5APM

Software version: 13.1.4  Build 1512-CG

Issue id  PM-357-041

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bs67.

Thanks for keeping us posted and for the added information. 

Since we have all the necessary details for review, we'll pass this along to the appropriate team to start the investigation. I'll let you know once I receive updates regarding this matter.

We humbly request for your patience and understanding as we work on this. Once again, we appreciate your cooperation and for troubleshooting your device by changing the zip code.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JEFFM2

Two missing local over the air antenna channels missing since last ROKU update

I have one missing channel and wrong information on one channel 13-2 says METV however it is METOONS.  13-3 disappeared all together on a ROKU TCL tv zip code 61032 After hours of phone time with both TCL and ROKU support problem is still unresolved

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.