Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2Chihuahuas
Channel Surfer

Re: On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it...

Having the exact same issue. I can play the movie on my laptop on the Roku channel, but it won't play on my TV using my streambar.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: On my Roku channel I find a movie to watch and push play and instead of playing the movie, it...

Greeting @jrbing13 @2Chihuahuas

Thanks for getting in contact. 

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during this time. Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. In the meantime could you provide us the following information below, as this will help us to look into this further? 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build of The Roku Channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
    tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What is your IP Address? (from whatismyip.com)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

model: 3900X roku express

serial #: YG00H2114599

Software version: 11.5.0   build 6040-51

Device ID: C3381H114599

IP address: 10.0.0.99

Version 8.0   build 72

I I could not obtain the tracker ID

0 Kudos
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

If you have better instructions on how to obtain the tracker ID, let me know.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jrbing13 

From this posting, https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Generating-a-Tracker-Issue-ID-to-report-a-bug/m-p/864..., you can get the Tracker ID in two ways.

1. With a Roku Voice Remote, press the microphone button and say "Tracker ID".

2. Using any Roku Remote, press the Home button at least 5 times, then press the Back Button 5 times.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@jrbing13

Thanks for following up and providing the information. Kindly follow the steps found on the link posted by @AvsGunnar. After we get the Tracker ID, we can give your details to the appropriate Roku team to look into this further.

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jrbing13
Channel Surfer

tracker ID: 99-127-516

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@jrbing13 

Thanks for getting back to us with the information. 

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
2Chihuahuas
Channel Surfer

I passed all the required info to the Roku Team a wk ago; haven't gotten any updates as to whether they've corrected this problem yet.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @2Chihuahuas

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be aware that this matter is still being investigated. We'll make sure to update this Community thread as soon as more information becomes available. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos