Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamatrishness
Reel Rookie

OTA Oxygen channel won't work

Jump to solution

I've been without access to the OTA Oxygen channel (9.3 Oxygen - but on the KNINHD channel 9 group of channels... If that makes sense?) for almost a week now.

I've disconnected my antenna, rescanned, disconnected my USB drive for live TV pause, rescanned again, rebooted about 12x throughout the aforementioned processes & ABSOLUTELY NOTHING works to bring it back. 

The channel is THERE, it shows up for every scan, it shows the details & information of the episode that's on at that time, we can see channels 9.1 & 9.2 but NOT 9.3 (Oxygen).

This used to happen OFTEN, the channel is there but there's no pictures, it would last for a few days but ALWAYS came back. Most recently it would only happen for a few hours, but again- always came back on.

This is extremely confusing, frustrating, exhausting & i keep hoping it'll come back on. But it hasn't AND I've tried absolutely everything on my side of it... So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix whatever is causing this anxiety inducing issue, PLEASE... This channel is my ONE grown up freedom to watch after my kids go to bed... Please help me get it back please.

Very Respectfully, 

Trish

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OTA Oxygen channel won't work

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mamatrishness 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we understand the issue you're having with the OTA Oxygen channel. In addition to @makaiguy's response to your post, the issue is likely rooted in the broadcasting by the channel provider. 

For this matter, it's best to contact the channel provider directly and inquire further about the issue. They'll be able to provide a workaround, and an update to their channel's broadcasting will address it. 

You can contact them at Customer Support | Oxygen Official Site

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mamatrishness-

OTA channels are sent from the broadcast station directly to the antenna connection on your TV.  The Roku TV can only decode and display what is there in the signal being sent.  Have you contacted the broadcast station about this problem?  It seems likely to me the problem is at their end.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mamatrishness 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we understand the issue you're having with the OTA Oxygen channel. In addition to @makaiguy's response to your post, the issue is likely rooted in the broadcasting by the channel provider. 

For this matter, it's best to contact the channel provider directly and inquire further about the issue. They'll be able to provide a workaround, and an update to their channel's broadcasting will address it. 

You can contact them at Customer Support | Oxygen Official Site

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.