Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tee00

Roku keeps logging me of out apps

Jump to solution

Roku consistently logging me of out apps. Im am constantly having to log in again with the cable providers. How do I prevent this and fix it? It’s frustrating. I’ve already reset the network and installed any new software updates. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps logging me of out apps

Jump to solution

Hi, @Tee00 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding the concern you have with your Roku that consistently logs you out from apps, and we'd like to provide a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue at hand. Kindly follow the steps below:

System Restart

A system restart is performed by removing the power cord from your Roku device for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in. If reaching the power cord is inconvenient, you can also use the instructions below to perform a system restart from the Settings menu

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment.

Once this is performed, kindly check if you notice any improvements. Let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps logging me of out apps

Jump to solution

Hi, @Tee00 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post regarding the concern you have with your Roku that consistently logs you out from apps, and we'd like to provide a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue at hand. Kindly follow the steps below:

System Restart

A system restart is performed by removing the power cord from your Roku device for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in. If reaching the power cord is inconvenient, you can also use the instructions below to perform a system restart from the Settings menu

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment.

Once this is performed, kindly check if you notice any improvements. Let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.