Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shwet
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] New Update on Roku Ultra 2020 Plex channel Red Tint

@RokuKariza-D - if you have not figured it out, is there a way to roll back to 11.0 firmware so I can watch my fav show?

0 Kudos
shwet
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D - any update?

0 Kudos
RightSaidFred
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-DAny update on this? I'm experiencing the same issue, and it seems to be a widespread issue. From a simple google search, this appears to be impacting many customers, and fixing this bug should be prioritized.

0 Kudos
shwet
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D - please don't force us to move to android box please...

0 Kudos
Havok
Reel Rookie

Issue persists on an 4800X here.  We ever going to see a fix for this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The problem might be with Roku, but it also might be with the Plex channel, which comes from Plex, not Roku. Previously I had only heard of this red push with HEVC (H.265) content. Can you confirm you're getting it with AVC (H.264) content? I can test it with my 4800 later this evening. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Havok

Does the issue only occur only in Plex channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RightSaidFred
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the copy pasta on that, like that wasn't tried MONTHS ago. This is happening on specific roku models, but not all, seems like a roku issue to me, and not an issue with the app.

0 Kudos
Havok
Reel Rookie

I have tried everything in this thread, including a Roku streaming stick+ this issue only occurs on my ultra 4800x, works fine on my fire stick, Apple TV, and several Roku express as well as two sticks.  The issue is an transcoding issue, it occurs a split second after the video starts, if you pay very close attention, the second it starts to play you can see all the video in a normal fashion, a split second later, goes all to red.  All devices fully updated, red hue is a serious issue, I mean not for me, because I just switch to using my Apple TV.  I do recommend Roku to everyone, but since it’s been six months, and no fix on this, nor does it seem like you truly care at all, I’ll be changing my recommendations to devices who pay closer attention to transcoding and getting it right.  Sorry the answer you gave like the person above said, is literally a copy paste.  I highly recommend you put an actual developer on the issue to look into it.  I’ve noticed it happens on HEVC encoded files, in x.265.  Nothing fixes the issue, it is specific to the Roku ultra 4800 series devices it would seem.  Bought the best because I’ve always felt you get what you pay for.  In this case it’s better to buy cheap Roku Devices and spend my money on the devices that actually function correctly.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, I have just completed testing on my Ultra 4800. I have to provide a caveat that I am a Roku beta tester, and I'm not permitted to discuss anything about features in the unreleased OS versions, so I can't even tell you what version I'm currently using. Also, I have Plex Pass, so it's possible I have a different version of the Plex channel than some here. I can't say if that might make any difference.

With that in mind, I can say that I could find no red push anywhere when playing H.264/H.265 content. Most of my HEVC content has HDR, but I do also have some test clips with H.265 and no HDR. I tested both with the Roku Media Player and the Plex channel. Streaming from my media server, the audio is transcoded from the lossless codecs all of my UHD movie rips contain, but the video is passed through without any modification. My TV still triggers the HDR/Dolby Vision tag on the appropriate video content. But I also have some H.265 content on a USB drive, which plays through RMP without an issue. Again, no red push visible. 

This is using a Roku Ultra 4800, passing through a Yamaha AVR (with all video processing turned off) and displayed on an LG Nano85 TV, which is HDR/Dolby Vision capable. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos