Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grrc
Reel Rookie

OK does not start an ACORN episode

I am able to select a program and an episode on ACORN, but pressing the OK button on Roku 3 does not start the viewing on my TV. I can view the episodes normally on my PC.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OK does not start an ACORN episode

Hello! @grrc,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about Acorn. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Does the issue occur on only this channel, multiple channels, or all channels?
  • Did removing the channel, restarting the player, and then adding the channel back again resolve the issue?

You may want to manually check for an update. Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and app updates.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If there is new software available or there are updates for your apps, then your Roku device will download and install them automatically and once completed, your device will reboot.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
grrc
Reel Rookie

The problem persists. I can watch ACORN satisfactorily on my PC. The IT people overseeing the WiFi in my facility say that if I can access/process activity on my PC the problem is elsewhere. I have done the re-boot as suggested. I have a Roku 3; do I need to upgrade?? ACORN has not helped.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @grrc 

We see that you're still having the same issue with Acorn, and we're sorry to hear about this. For this instance, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves

When contacting Acorn's support team, be sure to provide them with as much information as possible about the issue you're experiencing. This may include details such as the specific device and operating system you're using, any error messages you've received, and a description of the behaviors that are causing the problem.

Once Hulu's support team has been made aware of the issue and has had a chance to investigate, they will work with you to find a workaround or solution that addresses the problem you're experiencing.

You can find their support contact information at Roku : Acorn TV Help Center

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos