Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarloweDK

OAN dropping me after a minute or so.

Get onto OAN live and start watching.  Then after about a minute or so I am kicked out to the ROKU home menu.  Any ideas.  I contacted OAN and they said contact ROKU.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OAN dropping me after a minute or so.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MarloweDK!

Thanks for informing us about the issues you're currently experiencing with the One AMerica News app on your Roku device. We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you troubleshoot this app.

Kindly follow the steps precisely to refresh the system of the OAN app:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, you may check this support article dedicated to this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue still persists after doing so, we highly recommend directly coordinating this with the channel provider as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

You may reach them here: OAN Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon so you can continue streaming. 

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.