Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CentryVibe

No display through HDMI cable but controls tv power and volume

So my Roku turns on and controls the power and volume to my tv, but I’ve tried two different hdmi cables and neither has worked. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: No display through HDMI cable but controls tv power and volume

I assume it USED to work?  Since you have the TV controls working, I assume it must have been working in the past?  Are you sure the TV is on the right input?  (Often it really is something simple like that – especially if you’re used to using the Roku remote but need to change the input on the TV remote.)   

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No display through HDMI cable but controls tv power and volume

@CentryVibe 

Basic question, but are you sure you are selecting the correct HDMI Input (the one the Roku is plugged) into with your TV remote? (not the Roku remote)

Remember, the Power and Volume on the Roku remote are TV controls (they have no effect on the Roku device.)

In order to "wake up" the Roku device, try pressing the Home button on the Roku remote and see if that gives you a picture. (after selecting the appropriate HDMI Input, of course).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos