Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zillafan

No broadcast tv channels showing up suddenly

Suddenly on three Roku tvs there are no broadcast channels showing up on the 'live tv' (channels start at the roku provided 115 and up). Three different antennas, so that's not the problem. Rebooted each tv and each remote. Rescanned for channels. Still not showing. Return to factory settings NOT an option - it takes HOURS to download apps, input all the passwords and I lose ALL my saved lists and continue viewing lists. This is obviously a problem with Roku, not antennas or connectivity (both show excellent signal, and I'm currently typing on a iMac connected to the same modem/router). There is no new "interference" or any such thing going on; non-roku tv is getting those channels fine with just an indoor antenna. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: No broadcast tv channels showing up suddenly

Same issue on my main tv.  Came home, checked connections, ran a channel search repeatedly.  Doesn't happen often but pretty regularly.  Hope someone answers you and it can help us all.

cpp8555

SAME ISSUES! WHATS UP ROKU? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Vaughnster

Same thing on all 3 Roku tvs NO area tv stations broadcasting.   Why NOT?

peanutparade
Channel Surfer

Same problem! So tired of trying to find Channel 13 the Movies TV over the air station and having to start at channel 4000. I do NOT want to spend 20 minutes trying to scroll through thousands of un-asked for stations to try and find the station I do want.  Live TV should just be the LOCAL over the air stations, not every junk station in existence.  

gvillegeo73
Channel Surfer

Same here! I am so ticked off! Do these morons not test their software updates before pushing it out to their customers. It’s this build 4182-31 update. I even tried a factory reset and that didn’t fix the problem. I have 4 Rokus in my house and will never buy their products in the future. It’s always something when they push an update. 

95Hiker

Same issue here too

Rbelfield
Reel Rookie

Same problem  here.

Williamt100
Roku Guru

After the recent 'update' to the Live TV app (panel, channel, whatever...), I also lost all of my over-the-air channels on my Roku TV.

Here is what I did to get them back YMMV:

Go to Settings->TV Inputs->Live TV->Manage Channels-> check the "Hide Streaming Channels" box

You might have to rescan the antenna input on your ROKU TV (I had to) to ensure that they are all in your line up.

I haven't found a way to have both the Antenna Channels and Streaming Channels cooperate. since the Live TV app was updated.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
sooners514

I went to settings to live tv to manage all channels and added a few of my cable tv channels as favs and was then able to scroll up or down from there!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.