Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Audio with HD-Homerun Roku App

Jump to solution

@Wchowe wrote:

That's all good, but HDHR did work at one time. Maybe Roku should just say it's not supported, so the small percentage of buyers can make an educated decision 

It is supported, and still works on some models. But SD did something wrong with their last app update (and it might be related to the Roku OS update but they are supposed to program for any such changes) so only SD can resolve the problem. It's not up to Roku to say it's not supported. If a provider offers Roku an app for their devices and it meets the terms of service that Roku requires, they permit it in their channel store. But it's up to the developer to ensure they offer an app that works on all devices, or else include a list of only the devices it will work on. 

And it's not the Roku OS 13 update that caused a problem. I have 13 on the two devices I tested, and one works fine while the other has no sound. So it's the app, not the Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Cbud225

Jump to solution

I think I figured out my issue:  While you are in the HDHomerun app, press the asterisk button, then you’ll see a setting for Volume Leveling.  If it’s On, set to Off.  This resolved for me.

Sicumj

Jump to solution

I am having HD sound issues too.  Mine was playing fine and went out today.  I've had it hooked up for 3 days.  Roku Ultra Software 13.1.4 build 1512-46.  My Roku stick is working on another set.  Works fine on my android phone.  Sound is fine on other apps on TV with the sound issue.  HD version 93.0  build 20240524.  I have all the settings in Roku right but no luck.

Any updates on a possible fix?

Jim

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sicumj, if you try the Ultra on the set the stick is attached to do you get sound?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.