Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Newsmax to end Free Streams. Don't Blame Roku

Go to ROKU live TV and you will find it there. Channel 194

jmfixitman

Re: Newsmax to end Free Streams

Going the same route as Fox, which is why Newsmax was able to flourish.  Now I will not watch them or Fox.  How do these news networks not get that the major media, ABC, CBS, NBC and such, are free over the air???  I don't have cable TV, nor do I want it to get Newsmax or Fox.  I stream and over the air only, which appears to bad news for the so-called conservative news networks. 

Teresa751
Streaming Star

Very upsetting about Newsmax. I can't afford cable. Screw em. Bad move. 

Janny_

I think Scripps and Morning Rush lean way to the left.  That's why I liked Newsmax.  I will miss it, especially Rob Schmitt, Carl Higbie and Greg Kelly.  My budget is already stretched to the limit and I don't appreciate the way Newsmax told us 1 day before the change was to take place.  I have added Real America's Voice to my Roku apps.  It will take some getting used to since I was so used to Newsmax, but it took me awhile to get used to Newsmax after Fox News too.  By the way, I wouldn't watch Fox News EVER again if it were the last news source on planet earth.  I switched to Newsmax the day after the 2020 election...drooling ghouls just dying to announce Trump's defeat.  Doesn't it seem like this was a delayed defeat of the Direct TV war over dropping Newsmax???

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Well, there will still be Newsmax2 (N2) streaming for free on the LiveTV channels.  There is still John Bachmann, Chris Salcedo, and Ed Henry has a new show on it.  

Newsmax2 may just be more of how early Newsmax looked (a little lesser known personalities) and the Newsmax+ will be for the larger personalities.

Schedule for Newsmax2 - https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/newsmax2/37081

---

Edited to add... Similar to the OANN method.  OAN became the subscription live streaming news, and OAN+ was the free OTT offering showing replays of the different shows and highlights from the day.  KlowdTV (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dd2db9163eda3401f069e2529b1ef4bb/klowdtv) offers a 2.50/mo package for OAN, so will keep an eye out to see if they can add Newsmax+ to their lineup (as they carry Newsmax) for a discounted rate as well.  Unlikely to subscribe, but will certainly pass on info to the Roku Community for those that wish to do so.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Kitty99
Binge Watcher

I understand why Greedy DirecTV would do that.  But although, there are many shows that we can watch for free on the other Free apps that are also on DirecTV.  Albeit they may not be more popular shows, they are still Free to watch.  So DirecTV has a double standard! 

0 Kudos
Dee76
Channel Surfer

actually, that is newsmax2, not the actual live news. Newsmax was great at shutting down all the live feeds, but not great at rolling out the subscription service.

thanks for your help, but thats not the real live feed. 

Silver12b
Reel Rookie

I'm with you, but I can't find it,  other than mirroring of my phone! How about you?

0 Kudos
DineroDave

Good Luck with that, first you have to have an app that actually works. I paid and still no TV app.

Barlababe
Reel Rookie

Same here. Refreshing. More news less opinion. And fewer commercials. So far, so good. 

0 Kudos