Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgs

Newsmax, live channel 150, no longer appears on all channels guide. Grrrrrr.

I believe there is censorship.  I have the Firestick in my living room, and Roku in the bedroom and can turn on to Newsmax on both.  Firestick is live, Roku is not.  I'm getting rid of Roku and getting the Firestick.  Bogus answer.  Stop being on the political side and provide access.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Newsmax, live channel 150, no longer appears on all channels guide. Grrrrrr.

Hi @pgs,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Newsmax channel. Help is here, but we will need to further investigate this issue and get more details. Can you please provide the following information?

• Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • Do you have an antenna, cable, or other device connected to your TV?
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kdc777
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax, live channel 150, no longer appears on all channels guide. Grrrrrr.

my Roku keeps kicking me off from newsmax no reason given.  sometimes it will let me watch more time than others just sends me back to the home screen.  have no issues watching on my laptop or phone.  my Wi-Fi  is strong. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kdc777,

Welcome, and thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this behavior. Could you tell if a system restart helps fix this? Does this case affect the rest of the channels on the platform?

With more information, we'll be able to assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kdc777
Reel Rookie

yes I have deleted the channel restarted the Roku and then reinstalled the channel and it did not help.  to my knowledge no other channel has had this problem.  I have not contacted Newsmax to find out if this problem is theirs.  like I said before some days I have no issues other days it's a no go.

0 Kudos
kdc777
Reel Rookie

I'm sorry I just remembered I did have this issue once or twice with this old house channel but that's been a while.   

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @kdc777!

In this case, we would recommend contacting the channel support team and asking for further assistance. If the issue happens only to this channel, it is likely that the problem relies on the channel providers themselves. You can contact them here: Contact Newsmax Customer Service

Please make sure to get back here and let us know how things turn out.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos