Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eae110
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax Plus login not sticky? Possible Fix

Jump to solution

To be fair, I have to report that I am no longer having any issues with the Newsmax app either on Roku or on my LG smart TV.  I did cancel my initial subscription due to the login problems, but decided to try it again a week or so ago to see if the experience had improved - so far it seems it has, at least for me. Not sure why others still seem to be having problems - possibly check to see if you have the latest version of the app installed?

0 Kudos
aphumphries
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was Hopeful that this was a real solution - it is not.  I was instructed by ROKU to follow the same process you stated.  I was encouraged because I Quit Newsmax and reLoged-In to test it.   It worked!  However, I was not logged OFF by Newsmax as there was not enough Time delay before I retried.  It appeared I was successfully logged in on the event - but, I was NEVER Logged out.   I discovered this later when I switched Apps and returned to NewsMax much later -  Fixing the App is NO TECHNICAL CHALLENGE. Policy and payment is the Challenge.  My opinion is that ROKU is STANDING IN THE WAY.  Fix it!!

0 Kudos
Wintermute1781
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ROKU should advocate to NewsMax on behalf of the Roku Customer.  A distributor has more clout than an individual.  NewsMax needs to provide customer support and improve their app.

CavemanBob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No joy here either.  Every day or two, I have to log back in to the channel.  I've tried all the various solutions presented, none have helped.  I've mostly switched to watching RAV instead of NewsMax, no PITA login involved.

0 Kudos
aphumphries
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am satisfied that "I am not the Only One" EXPERIENCING THIS.

I don't know what's up with ROKU and NewsMax - but I will be trying alternatives after 4 months of this frustration (coming up). It's "Mickey Mouse" that they cannot tell you the truth.

0 Kudos