Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTCIII65
Reel Rookie

Cannot Sign Into Photo Streams

Jump to solution

I have been using Photo Streams as my screensaver for over 6 months.  Since yesterday, I cannot sign into Photo Streams to add photos after QR scanning.  The message I see after attempting to sign in is "for security reasons you are signed out."  What is recommended to remedy this?  Reset my password, etc.?  Would appreciate any direction so I can connect again.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot Sign Into Photo Streams

Jump to solution

Hi @MTCIII65 @Austin0093,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance here with this issue going on on Photo Streams.

If I understand it correctly, you were logged out and then cannot sign in back, right? We'd like to know if you made any changes recently or any updates that might be related to this.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Austin0093

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to me as well 

0 Kudos
MTCIII65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's strange - I can still generally sign into my Roku account and Photostreams is still set as my screen saver.  I have less than 400 photos placed over 5 streams so I don't believe I am at a limit, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MTCIII65 @Austin0093,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance here with this issue going on on Photo Streams.

If I understand it correctly, you were logged out and then cannot sign in back, right? We'd like to know if you made any changes recently or any updates that might be related to this.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MTCIII65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good Morning,

Thanks for the response - yes, you describe my issue correctly.  I'm not sure if there have been any updates to my Roku or TV recently, but I understand that may be part of the issue.

I'll follow your suggestion later on today and let you know what happens.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
MTCIII65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks again for the direction - it worked and I am able to sign in and add photos again.  Appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.