Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richvideo
Binge Watcher

Re: Cannot see News 12 New Jersey App any more to add on my Roku Device

The News 12 channel in Haystack is not the same as the one we lost, it does not provide local News 12 news (NJ, LI, Westchester, Bronx) it just shows general news items around the NY area -In short, it sucks

0 Kudos
ToniAnnV
Reel Rookie

Re: News 12 Long Island??????????????

Thank you for pointing that out.  I did not realize it.  That's disappointing.   The logo looks the same.  I would have noticed tomorrow, my first day back after mid-winter break, when the usual crew looks different.  Ok.  I guess it's back to watching from my phone.  I wish they had notified us of this change.   Why did they remove it?

0 Kudos
Richvideo
Binge Watcher

The original News 12 channel was removed from the Roku channel store a while ago so if you accidentally deleted it previously, you would not be able to get it back - The original channel must have been a private Roku channel (not certified) and Roku just removed all private channels this week. I would like them to resubmit the channel, I don't see why they can't keep the new News 12 NY channel in syndication in other channel apps and still have a separate channel with all the local News 12 channels (NJ, LI, Bronx, Westchester, CT) available to those that want it. 

The news 12 app was in beta mode in roku for too long. Roku removed all the beta or uncertified apps after months of warnings to the developers. Some are getting them certified but others are not. I was advised yesterday by the Optimum company to contact Altice, the owner of the News 12 App. They say they are aware and working on the issue. Please contact them as well so they know there are people who are demanding that they fix it. Email: News12NJ@news12.com

0 Kudos

Re: News12 NJ Channel disappeared

The news 12 app was in beta mode in roku for too long. Roku removed all the beta or uncertified apps after months of warnings to the developers. Some are getting them certified but others are not. I was advised yesterday by the Optimum company to contact Altice, the owner of the News 12 App. They say they are aware and working on the issue. Please contact them as well so they know there are people who are demanding that they fix it. 

0 Kudos
billyk77
Reel Rookie

Re: News12 NJ Channel disappeared

Thank you for the update.  Can you provide the contact info for Altice.  I will definitely contact them.  Don't get your hopes up.  Altice/Optimum = incompetence.  

0 Kudos
saf6rp
Binge Watcher

I received this response from News12 Long Island:

"Thanks for your note about the News 12 Roku app. We’re aware of some issues with the app and have been in touch with Roku to assess getting it restored. In the meantime, please use News12.com and the News 12 social media channels to read and watch our news coverage. Thanks for your continued viewership and support!"

John1958
Streaming Star

To **bleep** with that. They need to simply get their s**t together over there at doloptice!!!

0 Kudos
larryb1963

Channel access | News 12 Long Island

There is so many Better news apps like CBS / ABC / FOX  I personally found the the news 12 would constantly REPEAT and be wrong about the weather They  would talk about weather that had already PAST .  There doing you a favor by removing the app .

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Channel access | News 12 Long Island

I live in CT. There is no news 12. There is Eyewitness new channel 3 WFSB, NBC Connecticut channel 30, Fox 61 and and WTNH channel 8.  Those are the official news networks on CT

0 Kudos