Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New "Live Channels" tile in the Channels area - Needs removed!

Jump to solution

This question is about the new "Live Channels" tile on the right side of our screens. As in the one we cannot get rid of in the "settings" area, because it's not in that "settings" area. Why is it there? How do I get rid of it?

When I go home, I notice this is the last tile in my channels area. Note that this is different than the one in shortcuts, which can be gotten rid of, within the "Settings" area. I already had that one unchecked.

How do I get rid of this? If I want to see Live TV, I have Tubi, Plex, Pluto TV, and a couple of other channels to watch. I do not want this on any of my screens. Please advise on how to get rid of this bothersome tile to the Roku Channel's Live TV section, which I will never use. So far, No way to get rid of it, including "*", remove channel. That did not work on 2 devices.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New "Live Channels" tile in the Channels area - Needs removed!

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you raising your concern with us; we'd be more than willing to assist you with this.

If using the Star* button is not working, we suggest you navigate to your Home screen and select Search. Find the "Live TV on The Roku Channel" tile icon from the Search results and select Remove to remove this icon permanently.

After that, perform a system reboot by pressing Home > Settings > System > System restart.

Let us know how it goes, and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I found a similar post a couple of days ago and added my experience to it, too.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Remove-quot-Live-TV-quot-tile-from-a-Roku-Ultra-v12-0...

I'm still hoping for a reply.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you raising your concern with us; we'd be more than willing to assist you with this.

If using the Star* button is not working, we suggest you navigate to your Home screen and select Search. Find the "Live TV on The Roku Channel" tile icon from the Search results and select Remove to remove this icon permanently.

After that, perform a system reboot by pressing Home > Settings > System > System restart.

Let us know how it goes, and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Notice between 2 other tilesNotice between 2 other tilesLive TV was hidden, so should not be showing.Live TV was hidden, so should not be showing.The actual title of the tile/buttonThe actual title of the tile/button

@RokuCarly 

You are mistaken on which Live TV tile this is. Did that, did not work. Even fact reset, and uninstalling, reboot and reinstalling did not work.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

Both @Anonymous and @Simon_Templar have provided images/screenshots and video in the other thread https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Remove-quot-Live-TV-quot-tile-from-a-Roku-Ultra-v12-0-0-build-4184-46/m-p/883475.

-----

This is a new Live TV channel/app version 8.4, build 31 (named Live TV tile) that seems to only be on some devices/accounts.  This is not the purple Live TV on the Roku Channel version 6.5 build 5 available to all Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly:

This topic and the other thread is NOT SOLVED. Please tell us why this is on our screens and how to remove it. Nobody from Roku checked that thread, as the mis-posts about candy and islamic prayers are still there and off-topic, no matter what religion it is. I didn't think Roku had that kind of chat, since it is a "help" (and i use the term loosely) discussion board.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just got this in Facebook Messenger:

We appreciate the information you have provided, """"". Please be advised that the "Live TV" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System and Build; thus, removing it is impossible as of the moment. However, with your feedback and suggestions, we'd like to raise this one for further review. For more information on this feature's functionality, you can check it out here: support.roku.com/article/115012658287. Thank you for your understanding.

Yes, it will take 15 yrs to get this solved, unless you go to a competitor.

Issue is not solved.

0 Kudos
Brad71

Jump to solution

I HATE the live tv channel in the tiles under on now. I have tried to remove it. I don't recall seeing it always on there. Any ideas on how to remove this or I'd be willing to down grade in Roku  updates 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brad71,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing with us about the recent update you received. We'll communicate this to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey Roku, thanks for installing this annoyance on my Roku device.  I never watch "Live TV."  If I wanted live TV I already know how to find it and don't need this locked shortcut to get there.  It seems you've provided a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  At least allow users to move this tile so that it is not the first one on the home screen.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.