Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TyToji

Netflix Not Working. Stuck at 20% or 24%

So recently I have not been able to get Netflix to work on my Roku TV. Model number is 65R6A5R, Roku - 65" Class Plus Series QLED 4K Smart RokuTV. I can open the Netflix app just fine, however when I click on a show the loading circle gets stuck at either 20% or 24%. All other streaming apps work just fine. 

However, when I load Netflix on my other devices, such as my phone, iPad or laptop, it works just fine. It also works just fine on the TV in my guest bedroom which is model number 50R4A5R.

I have tried everything to fix this:

• Checked for software updates for both the TV and Netflix
  • I tried deleting the Netflix app and reinstalling
  • I unplugged and plugged back in the TV
  • Cleared Cache
  • Restarted Roku
  • Did a factory reset

None of these have worked. Please advise on how to fix.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RockNRoll1982
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix not loading and won’t play videos

I’ve completed these steps and Netflix is still not working correctly. Any previously watched show will load and the percentage stays stuck at 24% with the wheel continuing to spin. All other channels (Max, Hulu, etc.) all work great and only Netflix has this issue. Also, streaming the same show on an iPad or other Roku device works with it only not working on the Roku TV (model 75R6AX with software version 13.0.0 build 24062-ET).

0 Kudos
RockNRoll1982
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix playback stuck at 24% on Roku TV

I’ve completed all the steps and Netflix is still not working correctly. Any previously watched show will load and the percentage stays stuck at 24% with the wheel continuing to spin. All other channels (Max, Hulu, etc.) all work great and only Netflix has this issue. Also, streaming the same show on an iPad or other Roku device works with it only not working on the Roku TV (model 75R6AX with software version 13.0.0 build 24062-ET).

0 Kudos

Re: Netflix Not Working. Stuck at 20% or 24%

I am having the same issues. I have done all the work arounds I have found. I called Netflix and they had me do a bunch of useless things and then told me my brand new TV was the issue and I need to call the TV manufacturer, I have a ROKU plus brand 65" TV, and have them troubleshoot. Funny every other app works great, just Netflix. Netflix works on my Firetv Stick just fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix Not Working. Stuck at 20% or 24%

Greetings @choochoorob @TyToji,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for bringing the Netflix playback issue to our attention. We appreciate your effort in resolving this. Let's try accessing it using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if that helps. A playback issue could be due to a network problem or a channel outage.

If the issue persists, please report back here and let us know the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?
  • Is this an issue with all the content inside Netflix?

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.