Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vz71

Nefarious does not play properly

I don't know what movie it is, but it is not Nefarious. 

When I go to watch Nefarious,  a different movie streams.

What is really odd is that the title screen and description are right, just the streaming content is wrong.

Anyone else notice this?

How can we get this corrected?

6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nefarious does not play properly

Someone else mentioned Nefarious along with another movie:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/NEFARIOUS-When-a-stranger-calls/td-p/901331/jump-to/f...

Assuming you're speaking of The Roku Channel (it's always necessary to say what channel/app you're using), it looks like it's playing the 2019 movie by the same name and not the 2023 movie advertised.  It's amazing how many "Nefarious" movies there are if you search.

Someone like @RokuTakashi may want to look into it and Roku really needs a method to report these things other than hoping someone at Roku sees a post here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Vz71

Yes, I am referring to the roku channel. 

The title page and description indicate the 2023 movie and the actual stream content is something different. 

Cubikool

Yes it's the wrong movie, it advertises 2023 but plays the 2019 completely different

mattdt
Reel Rookie

Found the same issue last night thinking I was going to be watching the 2023 film by the same title. Nope. Clearly, it's a horrible British blood bath slasher film from 2019! (No wonder it was free.) Hopefully, if enough comment on it Roku will notice and correct this issue. My old Dish Network show guide often did the same thing, especially with movies. Would list as such and such with correct release dates, etc. but no way was the correct film. I believe they use some 3rd party guide system to get their listings based on titles which obviously needs a little help. Note to film makers: Don't title your film the same as previous titles.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mattdt,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team has already been informed about this occurring issue and is currently working to fix this issue as soon as possible. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this matter. 

Feel free to contact us again if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and take immediate action as your satisfaction is essential to us. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
mattdt
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much! Very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.