Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mckymous
Channel Surfer

Re: NHL channel not configured

There is a new app.  You have to redo a search for "nhl" from the add app button.  Then pick the black logo - that's the new app.  The old one is the white logo.

The only problem is the live feed from the NHL channel isn't there.  They have the condensed games & highlights, but not the afternoon and evening shows that run when they don't have a live game.  😞

Does anyone know if that's coming at a later time?

Tsnydmiller
Channel Surfer

It's not available here. I renewed my search as well. Only the white one came up.

0 Kudos
Tsnydmiller
Channel Surfer

1000007337.jpg

1000007338.jpg

0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

@mckymous , I can confirm, the black background app came up in the search for me, and it loads.

@Tsnydmiller , I had to scroll down a bit to locate it. Why they don't un-publish the old one, I have no idea. Hopefully the same works for you if you navigate down a bit.

The new layout is awful... I miss seeing the scores and team record like on the old version.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Sometimes it's easier to search on the website:

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/nhl

They both show up there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have been having the not configured issue with the old (white background) NHL Channel, so I was happy to see that there is a new Channel (Black background) that fixes it. When I search the channel store while NOT logged in to my account. I can see both channels. However when ever I am logged in, either on the website or on my 4k stick and do the same search, I only see the old whote background Channel. The black background Channel just does not appear. I am in the UK.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

@Marcusnaris , right off the bat... the only thing I can think of is that there might be some sort of 'export' regulation prohibiting use of the new app in the UK. I don't know that for sure, just speculation. I did have to clear my search, and then scroll way down to find it.

FWIW, the new app is absolutely terrible. Whoever did UX for that app needs to needs to be slapped until they're naked and then have their clothes stolen. No scores, no standings, it's just plain awful. I've uninstalled the new app and I just check things online now. You're not missing out, believe me.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Marcusnaris, the "black" app doesn't appear to be available in the UK.  Whether it's intentional or an oversight, only the NHL can fix it.  Try contacting them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GRM16
Reel Rookie

I saw a solution to the problem in the community and the black NHL logo channel did work after replacing the white logo. However the content of the channel has been really reduced. How can you not have a real time scoreboard in the app? You have to go through a whole video to see if a team won or lost.  Can this be modified to bring in some type of scoreboard?  Thanks for your cooperation.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GRM16,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

For this inquiry, you'll want to reach out to the channel provider directly to inquire regarding the channel's functionality. Channels and apps on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.