Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

Re: NHL channel not configured

I reached out directly to the NHL using the contact form on their site for this issue. To my surprise, they responded stating that a new app is under development. They gave no details, but at the very least it sounds like they're aware there is an issue and hopefully it will get updated and working soon.

The app is broken, "Turning it off and on again," will not resolve the problem.

Lalalala23
Reel Rookie

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Fattybart

All you can do is wait.  Once Roku sees enough people with same problem they will fix it.  It has nothing to do with your network settings or updates it’s just plain down unfortunately 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and sincerely apologize for any trouble this may have caused you. 

Since you've already taken all of the provided troubleshooting processes to no avail, we will be requesting more information from you so we can forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further review and fix this as soon as possible. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the app/channel? (this can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your responses as we are more than willing to fix this issue.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mckymous
Channel Surfer

I already gave this info to someone at ROKU support over the phone almost two weeks ago.  Supposedly someone would be contacting me from the support group at nhl - haven't heard anything.  Hope this one finally gets a response!

The info for my issue should be here:

Your case ID for reference: #8357094

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @mckymous.

As we checked, you have an open ticket with our Support team. In this case, we highly recommend continuing to communicate with them for further assistance.

Feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be glad to help.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

Well, here's my info to add to the pile:

Model: 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+

Software Version: 12.5.0 build 4172-E4

(I'm withholding my S/N and Device ID)

App version: 2019080801

The same exact thing happens on my Roku TV (which I do not have that info readily available).

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with the requested information, @Lebrio!

Kindly provide us with a Tracker ID as well. (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have the complete details needed, we can forward your concern as well as the information provided to the appropriate Roku team for further review. In the meantime, we highly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trying to troubleshoot the issue you've been experiencing. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tsnydmiller
Channel Surfer

Bought a new Roku 4k device. NHL still does not work. Quite annoyed with the state of this. 

0 Kudos
Lebrio
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly ,

I'm not comfortable with posting a Serial Number or Tracker ID in a public forum, since I don't know to what extent that might be PII and tied directly me. If you have a way to direct message you, I could do it that way.

Actually, I don't understand why Roku would need this information. There are several threads across the community, and a whole host of other users reporting the same problem. The app is broken, and I'm sure Roku has test gear that can easily replicate the problem without myself or anyone else having to provide PII data.

This is starting to feel like a stalling tactic... why can't the Managers/Leads in the Dev program reach out to NHL Cyberinteractive Enterprises and tell them to fix it?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.