Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Re: NHL App Game Recaps Are Missing

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! You're correct that this is different from Firestick (and maybe others?). For years, even when I needed to pay $2.99 a month for the NHL app (pre-July 2021), the Scores tab was a path to the recaps. When I first got the app, the only thing under videos were just the 20 or 30 second highlights of a particular goal, save, or something.

Maybe the recaps have been available under both Scores and Video tabs for a while, and they changed them (on Roku) to only under videos for some reason earlier this month. Anyway, glad to have them back on Roku!

Thanks again for all your comments, I appreciate it, and have a great Holiday Season! Cheers!

RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

AvsGunnar, I meant to mark your post (only) as the "Solution," and somehow I seem to have marked both your last post and mine as being 'the solution.' Really wasn't trying to steal your credit, just got confused. I appreciate the Roku Community as a place to find help with problems, but fortunately I don't have many problems with my devices, don't spend much time there, and so I don't always hit the right button! Sorry!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RealisticDave 

No worries, my friend, glad you got it resolved. 👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Mustang19

Jump to solution

This doesn’t solve the problem with not being able to see “Condensed Games” which are much more enjoyable - the recaps only really show the goals - there clearly is something off with the Roku app - hope they get it sorted out. 

RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Mustang19, since AvsGunnar led me (earlier in this thread) to look elsewhere besides the Scores tab to find Recaps and Condensed games, I regularly go through the Video and Teams tabs on the app. 

My experience under the Video tab is that there's always a 5-minute game Recap, but never a Condensed game. Moving to the Teams tab (and selecting each team individually), there doesn't seem to be a 'standard format' to videos. All the teams have short videos of highlights, interviews, post-game coach's comments, etc. The video sections are named differently for each team (Stars TV; PanthersVision; and so forth), but mixed in with all the short videos there are often either/or Recaps and Condensed/Extended videos---but not always, sometimes just one or the other, sometimes none? I'm guessing that each team loads what they want to on 'their team page,' but I've found that many teams do post the (9-minute) videos you want. Just need to look for them, no set pattern...

I have no idea why both the Recaps & Condensed videos are no longer available under the Scores tab, as they were for a long time. From what I've read, a company called BamTech are/were the creators of the NHL app, and on Amazon Firestick both videos are still under the Scores tab, and the Condensed video is still in the same place on my Amazon Fire tablet. Only Roku has changed (on the devices that I use).

Bottom line: all Recaps are available under Video tab, and many/most Condensed videos are available under each team's page. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Jangles88

Jump to solution

I miss the extended recaps and the ability to turn off the scores.  Not liking this switch the “ESPN+-like” 5min recap with spoiler scores. 

RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Jangles88, look back in this thread to my last post. You can still hide the scores in the Settings area, and some (not all) extended highlights/condensed games are still available under the Teams tab. you just have to go the individual team areas and look.  If they're there, it's mixed in with the interviews, comments, short (just a few seconds) videos. I agree that the old way was better, but I'm getting by with the way things are now.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku recently added a NHL linear channel (channel 216) on the Roku Channel Live TV that shows a bunch of condensed games, highlights, etc.  This is from the NHL Network.

https://www.roku.com/blog/new-linear-channels-on-roku-channel-2

Pretty nice to have on in the background to catch up on the other teams.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

AvsGunnar, thanks for the update! I've just been to the channel to check it out, and I'll have to keep an eye on the schedule and watch some more.

Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos
Jgfernandez1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately one cannot avoid seeing the scores this route. Why still have the whole grid with games and recap viewing choices only to have each say no ‘feed available’’? Your alternative suggestion is much appreciated but I hope the glitch is rectified. Something has changed and for no apparent reason. And the change is drastically impeding my use if the nhl channel/app(?) , on Roku. I’d keep up on every game but now that the ‘Scores’ tab doesn’t function properly (for at least some of us) I have frustratedly, given up using the channel. I do try again once and awhile with fingers crossed.