Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Banshee2see
Channel Surfer

Re: NFL Network won't open. Crashes

Hey guys mine is up and running now!!

JohnnySkinner
Reel Rookie

Same here

BengalBuck

I guess someone was really paying attention to us. Thanks Roku/NFL

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nfl app not launching after initial install and sign in.

There have been lots of complaints like this lately.  In another thread posts earlier than yours are reporting it is all fixed.  So you may have success if you now reinstall the NFL app again.

It's not clear to me whether this is a Roku TV (i.e. one with Roku functions built in), or a separate Roku device connected to a standard non-Roku TV.

It's not a "reinstall restart" trick.  It's an uninstall / restart / reinstall trick - done in THAT order.   Without a full restart remnants of the removed installation may still be in the Roku's memory cache and prevent getting a clean reinstallation.  On Roku TVs and some newer Roku player models, use menu path Settings / System / Power / System restart.  If your Roku doesn't have the Power item, use Settings / System / System restart.

Also, if this is a Roku TV with Fast Start enabled, if you do the restart by turning your TV off and back on, that just puts you into and out of a low power standby state that doesn't give you the full restart you need to clear the set's memory cache.  Use the menu path mentioned above or just unlpug the set's power for a short time and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Nfl app not launching after initial install and sign in.

@Banshee2see @BengalBuck @JohnnySkinner @MFG77 

The NFL app updated today 8/16 to version 5.0.22 - fixes load/authentication crashing issues.

Update your NFL app:  Settings/System/Software update/Check now

NOTE:  Your TV provider may not show up properly (" . " ) - sign out and back in to your "TV Provider" authentication under User/TV Provider to display your TV Provider name correctly.