Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NEWSMAX TV "Work Around" — Not a Roku Problem — You Can Still Watch Live...

Remember something about credit card disputes. They might refund the money initially, but they then research (with the assistance of the charging company) if it was a legitimate charge. If they determine it's legit, then they charge you again for the full amount. 

I rented a car out of LAX for work purposes, and used my government travel card. The first day I had the car I had problems, and on the day I was supposed to return it to LAX it completely died on me. I had contacted the rental company multiple times throughout the week, and again when it died. I was in Palmdale, almost three hours away from LAX, and our flight was mid-afternoon. The rental company sent a tow truck to pick up the car, but said they could not get a replacement car to me. They offered a Lyft coupon to take the three of us back to LAX, but every driver refused the trip. We finally got a ride to LAX, but it cost an additional amount. And that rental company still charged the government the full cost of the rental. I attempted to dispute the charge, but the bank sided with the rental company, claiming I still had the rental car for the week. We still had to pay the bill. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

This doesn't work for me.  When I reinstalled the Newsmax app and I click on Play when I get the current program screen, it tells me I've been logged out.  When I enter my password to log back it, it doesn't recognize my password even though it's functional since it works to log me in on my laptop.  This is crazy.  I can't believe the dysfuntion between Newsmax and Roku.  Each company refers customers to the other one when customers can't fix it since it's a corporate problem between the two companies.  I'm happy to pay $5/mo to watch Newsmax Plus, but I can't figure out how to do so.  Do I pay Newsmax or Roku?  Roku doesn't give me an option.  If I pay directly to Newsmax, how do they know to let me watch it on Roku?  This is insanity.  

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

If I pay directly to Newsmax, how do I watch on Roku?  How does Newsmax know I want to watch on Roku and how does that happen?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@olemiss74 wrote:

If I pay directly to Newsmax, how do I watch on Roku?  How does Newsmax know I want to watch on Roku and how does that happen?

You have to log into Newsmax on the app, regardless if it's on a Roku or some other streaming device. Newsmax doesn't care what device you use to watch, but they are responsible for making their app work correctly on Roku devices. Sounds like they haven't gotten all the bugs worked out of their new pay service. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim

@olemiss74, Newsmax clearly doesn't have any idea what they're doing.  If you're paying them directly, you should get login credentials (generally an email address and password) that can be used anywhere.  If that's not working, it's all on Newsmax.  If they're trying to blame Roku because the password that works on their website doesn't work on a Roku (or any other) device then I'm calling BS.

Likewise, if you're paying through Roku, it should "just work" on any Roku device linked to the same Roku account without requiring any kind of login.  If it doesn't "just work", again Newsmax has no idea what they're doing.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Michaelmace
Binge Watcher

Newsmax+/Roku How To Program

Go to where you manage Roku subscriptions and cancel your monthly NewsMax+. Go to NewsMax on your TV and go to Account Settings and Log Out. Go up to Live and click on Max+. Keep clicking until it brings you to your payment method. You have no choice but to subscribe to yearly. A notification comes up that your free trial is up and your new subscription should start. Hope this works for you as it did me and I've been trying since Thanksgiving

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.