Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_VT
Reel Rookie

NESN 360 App Not available

NESN recently introduced NESN 360 and indicate that it is available via ROKU.  However, when I search "NESN" or "NESN360" in the channel store, no options are available.  Is NESN 360 available on ROKU?

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: NESN 360 App Not available

@matt_VT 

They say it is: https://support.nesn.com/Answer/Detail/22

Now, it is NESN that would build the app, and from the looks of things, they had an app available back in late 2021. As I'm not in that area, I would not have personal experience with the app.

If the app is being updated, the old one may have rolled off but the new one not active just yet. This is rare, but it does happen. Regardless, I would suggest pursuing with NESN about their app, as they build their app. Roku does not build or maintain the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: NESN 360 App Not available

I searched and I can find in the channel store – BUT ONLY in a search engine cached page!  (in other words, it was there a few hours ago) but isn’t right now. Maybe they decided it needed some work??? In any case – here's the cached page:

https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=NESN+360+roku&d=3509526484636&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=kn3hV4w3kE...

I suppose if you really really want it now, you could press the add channel button on that page and see what happens. (Possibly nothing, of course.)

0 Kudos
Juliazora
Reel Rookie

NESN 360 ap not in the Streaming Channel search

I subscribed to NESN's new streaming subscription service through their NESN 360 ap and NESN says ROKU supports it but when I search the Streaming Channels, the AP is not there. How do I get it?

DBDukes

Re: NESN 360 ap not in the Streaming Channel search

@Juliazora 

You should reach out to NESN about their app. They build their apps for the various platforms. Their Website indicates there is a Roku app, but as you said, there's nothing in the Channel Store. And until whatever the holdup is gets resolved, that's where it stands.

Reaching out to NESN would be the place to start.

Now that you've posted here, one of the Roku Moderators, probably @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D will see it and respond. It could be a glitch in the Channel Store, or it could be a glitch in the app, or it could be an error in the submission/certification process. You've let Roku know, and now you could let NESN know, so both sides can be running this down.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

newtnik
Reel Rookie

NESN 360 App not found in channel store

I just subscribed to NESN 360 service and their site says "After signing up for your preferred plan on this page, download the NESN 360 app on your favorite device. Apps are available on iOS, Android, AppleTV and Roku."  The problem is when I search for NESN or "NESN 360" in the Channel search, no app is found.  I've seen others posting about using the NESN app but for some reason I can't find it on my roku setup.  Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Ian1225
Reel Rookie

I am also having the same issue. I emailed NESN.  If you get an answer will you post here?  I will do the same. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Ian1225 and @Juliazora 

I did see a report that Roku may have removed this Channel from the Channel Store and that NESN 360 is trying to restore it.  This was from a user that reportedly received an email from NESN but did not provide a screenshot of the email, (just reported the contents of the email), so cannot confirm if this is the case.

Since still available as an app/apk for the Apple/Android, may have to temporarily access your content this way and either cast through Roku or your TV or use HDMI adapter and connection directly from mobile device to your TV.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Strega
Roku Guru

You can see it in search engine (Bing) cached pages as of some time on Friday the 3rd.  Given that it has mostly been missing over the weekend, it may be a case of: whoever can fix it doesn't work weekends.

Ian1225
Reel Rookie

Thanks. Someone an Reddit had an email that Roku took it off the Channel store and that NESN was working to get it restored. 

0 Kudos