Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankshell
Reel Rookie

NBC sports cloud path error retrans user mvpd blacklisted error code

I am getting the nbc sports error message I saw where it was an issue previously but seemed resolved. I have tried restarting the router clearing the Roku cashe nothing has worked any suggestions appreciated 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
NLTCrow
Streaming Star

Re: NBC sports cloud path error retrans user mvpd blacklisted error code

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @frankshell,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are encountering an error message on the NBC Sports channel. This may indicate an issue with your account or device. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your account status: This error code may indicate that your account has been blacklisted due to suspicious activity or violations of the NBC Sports app's terms of service. Ensure that your account is in good standing and that you have not violated any of the app's terms of service.
  • Sign out and sign back in: Sometimes, signing out of the NBC Sports app and then signing back in can resolve issues with the app. Go to "Settings" on the NBC Sports app and select "Sign out." Then sign back in using your account credentials.
  • Check for app updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of the NBC Sports app installed on your Roku device. To check for updates, go to "Settings" on your home screen, select "System," and then select "System update."
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app: If the issue persists, try uninstalling the NBC Sports app from your Roku device and then reinstalling it. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and reinstalling it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NLTCrow
Streaming Star

@RokuJechealR  -  Your cut & paste response ignores what has been a long term issue!

Your troubleshooting suggestions fail to address that this is a Roku problem that took nearly 2 months to solve last time.

There was a 33 page long thread that was finally marked solved on May 16.

Now the problem is occurring again and folks like me who resisted just buying a Fire Stick this Spring are regretting sticking with Roku.

You guys gonna have this problem solved by the time the All Star break is over?

0 Kudos
frankshell
Reel Rookie

Agreed I have followed every suggestion nothing works may be time to ditch the Roku and move on to a fire stick if this isn’t resolved quickly. I can watch it on tablet thru the app with no issue on the same Wi-Fi network. I can also watch it from my laptop to my tv which is annoying to have to do. Please fix this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NLTCrow, @frankshell,

Thanks for the response!

As of the moment, our concerned team has an ongoing investigation regarding this issue. In the meantime, we need your help. Could you provide the following details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far to reproduce the issue?

We'll be eager to wait for your update!

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NLTCrow
Streaming Star

All the info you need is contained in the 33 page thread from this Spring.

This is a documented Roku problem.

Stop wasting our time and asking for irrelevant info.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/NBC-SPORTS-APP-Error-Code-Cloudpath-ErrorRetransUserM... 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NLTCrow,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Apple TV channel? If so, version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can do further investigation. We can look forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stejvg

I just received a RoKu and this problem existing immediately. What is the fix? 

0 Kudos
frankshell
Reel Rookie

Buy a fire stick I bought one after they let the problem go on for weeks they fix it for a day then it’s back. When I get that I try my fire stick and it always works.