Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the2

Movie not on horror drive in channel

I tried to do this, as the same thing happened to me, but now I cannot remove the channel because of my subscription to the channel that doesn't have anything it advertises! Ugh! So frustrating.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Movie not on horror drive in channel

Hi @the2,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about this experience. Kindly be advised that channel providers develop and maintain their channel and its content with their channel, You can reach out to the channel directly and inquire further about the issue to address it.

We hope for the best to you, and if there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@the2-

Unless something has changed VERY recently (I have no subscriptions through Roku to check) ...

If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription. Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel. (Your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel, if you choose to do so, you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Hamiltonpl
Reel Rookie

I subscribed to THE HORROR DRIVE-IN but the movie I was told was there was NOT.    So I cannot remove the channel and re-ADD it.  I turned off auto-renew on the subscription but I still can watch until 10/23!   So I cannot delete and re - ADD.

Also ROKU suggested contacting the channel regarding the issues…WHAT?  Isn’t this a ROKU channel and even if it isn’t WHERE do you contact them.  There is no main menu for this APP.  Just a screen that pops up and you have to laboriously scroll through it to see content.  The movie I wanted to see ABBOTT and COSTELLO MEET  DR JEKYLL and MR HYDE is not in there.  But it does come up in the search and shows that it is FREE on the HORROR DRIVE-In.  

So now I cannot remove the channel.  I cannot search the channel as there is no interface.  Pretty decent selection but I am guessing that although they advertise 1000 titles I suspect this changes monthly…..There was not a 1000 titles to scroll through………

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Extremely few channels are run by Roku.  (I think all the ones that are by Roku have “Roku” in their names and that’s around 2 or 3 channels out of thousands.) 

Here is the channel store page for The Horror Drive-In.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/39e3a194de412cb63a6a46a040aabda8/the-horror-drive-in

You can see that the channel is by Marchant Media.  Their privacy policy link gives a page not found (swell) but poking around a bit more got me to this contact page:

https://marchantmedia.website/2022/11/02/contact-marchant-media/

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Hamiltonpl
Reel Rookie

I sent MARCHANT an email per your link.    

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.