Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traciv

Missing episodes of Outlander

I started watching Outlander and noticed that it keeps skipping episodes. It will play a 1 minute 30 trailer for the show and then go to the next episode. I went to the episode list and it shows the skipped episode with the correct running time. Why can't I watch these episodes? How do I fix it so I can watch them?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing episodes of Outlander

Hi @Traciv,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of support here but we'll need additional information. Could you tell us if this is an issue with the entire season or just happens on a specific one?

Share us additional information about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
PIGLET

I am having the same issue with my starz app on my roku tv watching outlander. 

0 Kudos
Momniecy
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue and I subscribed to STARZ app today because Roku was kicking me out of a lot of shows on Netflix, Max, and Hulu.

Any way, the Outlander show that is doing this is The fox’s Lair s2 e8. It’s supposed to play an hour, but plays 2 1/2 minutes of Paris episodes then cuts out. I’ve tried restarting STARZ and Roku… still the same. So angry and frustrated that I am going to cancel because I am not paying for service I can’t get!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Momniecy.

Thanks for reporting this to us. Rest assured that we will look closely into this matter for review and correction.

Just to clarify, are you streaming this series directly on the standalone Starz app or inside The Roku Channel? Also, is Episode 8 of Season 2 the only episode you've experienced this with? 

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Momniecy
Reel Rookie

RokuCarly:

The main reason I got STARZ app was because Netflix and the others were booting me out after they did their advertising. 

This episode that this happened with so far is the only one so far, but I am only up to S3 e1. I will let you know if it happens with another.

I am also having an issue with Roku picking up my antenna local channels. It will not show them. I have to go in a roundabout way to see them.

For anyone else having this issue, go to Settings->tv inputs->Live tv->manage channels->manage all channels. When the left menu goes off, the antenna channels are there, as well as Roku channels. You can favorite them, but still have to use this method to get back to them.

ive tried resetting and every other trick and it’s the only way I found to view them.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Momniecy!

Thanks for the additional information. 

In this case, since this is happening inside the STARZ app, we highly recommend reaching out to their Support team for further assistance as they manage and update their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

You may reach them here: STARZ Support

Regarding streaming your local channels via an antenna, you may visit this support article dedicated to this: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.